Family Update

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hi, friends!  I'd love to take today to share a little of what we've been up to over the last couple of weeks, if you're interested.  If not, I'll be back tomorrow to share a fun project my big kiddo and I made, for my hubby, for Father's Day.  Have a wonderful day!  Now, for those of you who are continuing on with me, I'll begin with a photo of my hubby on his birthday.
I don't have any pics of him opening his birthday gifts, because I told him to pick out a new phone for himself.  I'm not as technologically savvy as he is and would've been completely lost doing it on my own.  Plus, you should've seen how giddy happy he was when he came home with it.  He also bought himself a pricey speeding ticket.  Ugh!  But you know I spoiled him with his favorite carrot cake, which we shared with our neighbors (Those cakes are just too big for the five of us.), and even a scrumptious breakfast.
We also met him for lunch with a big bouquet of balloons.  Then, for Father's Day, we took him out to Olive Garden.  He got a gift certificate, in the mail, for his birthday; and they seem to be on their game, as far as service goes, on holidays.  We also picked out a big bag of fun, new things he's been needing for awhile, and my big kiddos took him to see How to Train Your Dragon 2.  Although, my girl says, "It's a bad movie."  She loved the first one (We all did.), but I guess the second is much scarier.
Aside from all the celebrating, my kiddos attended a week of Vacation Bible School at the same church where they go to Awana Club.  I totally forgot to bring my camera to the family program at the end of the week, but my hubby got a few with his camera phone.  (Ezekiel is in the stripes in the center of the first photograph, and Adina is in green gingham to the far right of the second.)
Speaking of, he also snapped this one of our littlest dreaming of his first bite of a Chipotle burrito.  LOL!
We've been blessed to get to spend a few precious hours with some dear family friends who relocated overseas three years ago and are home visiting for the summer.  Unfortunately, I haven't yet gotten pics of everyone, but I did snap a couple of their son spending some time with my kiddos.  Gosh, we've missed them so!
Ezekiel's been enjoying his season of baseball.  They've had a bit of a delay really getting into the swing of things due to lots of rainy weather, but his team has got three games under their belts and are the proud winners of two.
He also had the rare opportunity to attend the Kansas City Chevy Youth Baseball Clinic at Kauffman Stadium.  It was hot and sticky, and there were a ton of kids to share his time with, but he got playing tips/instructions from five KC Royals Hall of Famers and got to show his moves on the field.
On top of keeping busy with baseball, he's graduated to the Junior High in our church and has enjoyed some of their scheduled, summer, group activities.  He and Adina are also enjoying trips to our newly renovated city pool.
Kaden isn't a fan.  He doesn't like the chilly water and would much rather just nap.
Adina has been beating the heat in the wading pool, right in our own backyard, too.
I got our DVD cabinet alphabetized out of the blue (I wish all of his "I'm bored." moments were this productive.)...
and all of us celebrated the first day of summer by planting a few shade plants under the swing set.  Since we couldn't get grass to thrive there, it sure beats the weeds that had made it their home.
I also couldn't resist sharing a couple of pretty blooms from my gardens...
or this precious pic of my kiddos just enjoying one another's company.  These are the moments I need to remember when they're arguing about who's touching who or who's turn it is to pick out a movie or who's not sharing a toy with who or who won't get out of the other's room... I could go on, but I'm going to choose to relish in this one single moment in time.  They really do love each other.  Matter of fact, hardly a day goes by when somebody isn't thanking me for having another baby.
Did you make it through ;)?  Thanks so much for taking a few minutes out of your busy schedules to check in on us!  Have a blessed summer, y'all!

12 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Awesome photos Jinny, I especially love the last one!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love these updates, what a fun time of year, that last photo is so precious!

Lisa said...

I made it through and loved every word and photo of it!! I agree with Tracey, the last one is as SWEET as can be!! Hugs ;)

Annette Allen said...

what a sweet family update.. I love the picture with the Chipotle Burrito.. he is like WOW that is a big burrito.... heehee.. how fun

Leslie Germain said...

Lots of summer fun going on in the Newlin household!!! :)

Leanne said...

you sure have been busy! I love the shade plants under the swing idea! very clever..x

Lynn said...

I did make it through...and all the pictures quite simply make me happy :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving all the photos!!!! And we saw that movie too... and we all loved it ... but I can see why she didn't like it ... one of the main characters doesn't make it all the way through :(

Tracy said...

Where do you find the time girl! LOL. Lots of fun going on there. Hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous photos ... Little Kaden has the most wonderful expressions!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sweet pictures of the kiddos... especially love the last one... so precious!

Larissa Heskett said...

WWOWOWOWOOWOW!! You've been BUSY!! I LOVE all of the Pictures and SO Glad Everyone is doing well!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)