The Studio Triangles Challenge

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hey, y'all!  Here I go again waiting an entire week before posting anything.  I promise to sneak in a couple of extra things, as well as a family update, later this week.  It's just been a busy time for me.  My hubby is working tons and not as close to home as he used to, so a lot of extra stuff is falling on my shoulders; and while I'm doing my best to get it all done, my house is always dirty.  The laundry is always piling up.  My kids are always asking for something to eat or to watch a movie or hold Oreo (our hamster) or play on the computer or read a story or go to the pool or the library or the park... Well, their asking just never ceases.  I'm going to be so ready for school to start this fall.  LOL!  And while Kaden has figured out how to sleep nine hours through the night, and my sleep deprivation is becoming less and less (Woohoo!), I'm still nursing him, for about 30 minutes, every three hours throughout the day, not to mention that he's already gained a bit of an attachment to Mommy.  So, I feel like I'm getting nothing done, and what I do accomplish takes three times as long as it used to.  Sigh.  Breathe.  Just breathe.

Anyway, you didn't come here to read my woes.  I've got a page, for The Studio's latest challenge, to share, with you all, this morning.  We want to see pages with lots of trendy triangles this month.  Triangles are my second favorite geometric shape to scrap with, next to circles.  I've managed to tie both into my take, which was inspired by a single sheet of patterned paper from Crate Paper's Open Road Collection.  Enjoy!
I started this page by stamping the multi-colored, triangle, base page, in Jet Black ink, with the triangles, as well as, in Pistachio Pudding inks, with the looped circles, sketch marks, and drips.  I then anchored a number of vellum circles, throughout the design, with linen thread.
A trio of vellum seals were thrown in as well, and all were cut with my Cameo.  My photos were then matted with Whisper White cardstock and secured in their respective locations over the top of a cluster of deliciously textural goodies, including a mini envelope, Bingo card, circle tab, and kraft tag off a new pair of Ezekiel's shorts.
It all was then topped with a stitched bloom, flanked by a couple of gold, sequin leaves; transparency frame, stapled in place; and "ONCE UPON A TIME", word bubble sticker.
A jar, cut from patterned paper; stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the "Life is Beautiful" sentiment; and smudged with Dazzling Details (What is it with me and glitter?  LOVE!) frame the left side of the design...
and ground a blossom transparency, as well as a couple of cardstock stickers, popped up with foam tape.  A Monday, Sept. 23, 2013 tab, as well as a couple of sticker people draw our attention to the bottom left corner of the layout...
where you'll find a cardstock, sticker, "LOVE" arrow, embellished with another stitched bloom, dressed up with a couple of gold, sequin leaves, and "REMEMBER" and "YESTERDAY", cardstock stickers.
In turn, the cluster above points to the "Freeing CHARLES" title, which was created with Cameo-cut, from Whisper White cardstock, and glittered letters, as well as black, foam, glitter Thickers, and grounded with my journaling, which reads, Charles has been with us for about a month, but he has quite the appetite, making it difficult to keep dinner on the table.  Plus, with winter being right around the corner, our bug pickin's would be slim.  So, we decided it was best to set him free.
Please be sure to stop by the challenge link above to get all your challenge details, as well as to be thoroughly inspired by this talented team.  Thanks so much for stopping by, friends!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Just Geometrics: Triangles (Wplus9); Simple Salutations (Market Street Stamps); Sanna's Frames & Coffee Stains (3rd Eye) Paper: Whisper White (SU!); triangles (Crate Paper); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger); Pistachio Pudding (SU!); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: mini envelope, "LOVE" cardstock sticker, leaf tag, & transparencies (Basic Grey); kraft tag (Ezekiel's pants); "enjoy every moment" tag (Elle's Studio); stitched blooms (Sassafras); staples & stapler (office supply store); "ONCE UPON A TIME", "FIND YOUR ADVENTURE", "REMEMBER", & "YESTERDAY" cardstock stickers (MME); linen thread, Dazzling Details, & Dazzling Diamonds (SU!); jar (Dear Lizzy); "WANT THIS." cardstock sticker, seal cut file, leaf sequins, & "SEPT" Bingo card (JBS); circles cut file (Diana Fisher); Cameo (Silhouette); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); people cardstock stickers (Jillibean Soup); black foam glitter Thickers (American Crafts)

9 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

When you figure out the art of juggling motherhood let me know! *wink* I constantly ask if it looks like I am an octopus? I must have 8 arms! I really just want the fairy godmother's magic wand for the laundry and house! How about you? The rest is a piece of cake! :-))))

Your layout is so fun! You can do any design you put your mind to it girl! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yay! That he is sleeping solid now! I love love love your lo!! LOVING those triangles!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

What can I say but enjoy the chaos of young children--every minutes of it. They grow up way too fast, they will always be asking for something that will never stop. It is just for different things. Love your layout all of those elements make it so interesting and interactive! I just want to touch it!

Annette Allen said...

yay for more sleep.. and love this layout.. he is growing so fast.. love seeing your kids grow.. :)

Lisa said...

Hi Jinny, I'm back from vacation and playing catch up! Your pages are beautiful as ALWAYS, love those silly little faces with blue tongues! Happy to hear Kayden is sleeping longer for you and you are better rested. They'll continue to ask for things as they grow. Enjoy them while they're little, they'll be grown before you know it.

Charlene said...

Don't worry Jinny, I know what its like to juggle everything and we are always here! Just spend all those wonderful moments with you're kids because they grow up so fast! Destiny had Kinley yesterday and is just learning about breast feeding lol

And I always LOVE your creations, you are Wonder woman lol!

Miriam Prantner said...

Juggling....oops I just dropped something!!! Isn't that the way it goes? I love this layout, the bold paper is really striking and I love all the angles of the layered items.

Tracy said...

Fantastic layout! You definitely makes the triangle and you have gotten me soooooo hooked on vellum. LOL. You've got a lot on your plate my friend but you're not alone and even though a clean house is nice, you can't replace that time with your kids. Enjoy! Hugs!

Monique Liedtke said...

This page is so adorable!! LOVE all the different elements on your page!! and I hear you about the kids and their questions and demands :( Here it never stops either and they are now 17, 15 and 9 years old. I thought it would be better when they got older, but that's not so (although I think I would hate it if they stopped including me in their daily adventures :) ).
Have a great day!