Family Update

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Happy Saturday, friends!  I'm so sorry that I haven't been around much this week.  We've had something different literally every night and swim lessons every morning.  But I promised pics of our 4th of July this week, and the week itself is nearly over.  So, I'd better get right to it.  My kiddos dressed for the occasion...
and always love the simple things like poppers, smoke bombs, and sparklers.
My hubby manned the grill and whipped up Root Beer BBQ Chicken, asparagus, and potato packages.  We added lots of berries to the mix and had a delicious meal...
followed by s'mores as per Adina's request.  Our fire pit had seen its last day and found its way to the dump.  So, we warmed them over individual tea lights, and it worked so well!  It was the perfect way to end a beautiful day.
It's been so fun to watch Ezekiel play ball again this summer.  Matter of fact, he's loving it so much, his coach is trying to put together a team to play fall ball.  So, he may just have that to look forward to.
Adina always finds friends to play with to pass her time at the ballpark (She's in the white shirt with the ponytail.)...
and Kaden is usually found sporting his sunglasses and/or snoozing on Daddy's shoulder.
We've also been spending lots of time at the pool.  Ezekiel spends most of his time around the boards...
and Adina is always giving instructions for how and where she wants the lifeguards to toss her diving rings.
Oh, and only because I've always got hold of him, I don't have any pics; but Kaden is learning to love the water, too.  He just sits and splashes in the zero entry zone.  I do, however, have lots of new pics of him on dry ground.  He is five-months-old now and always seems to have hold of his piggies.
He spends lots of time on his tummy and has learned to roll from tummy to back and vice versa.  Although, sometimes, his little arms get tired, and he just cries and cries, until someone turns him over.  LOL!
He's still nursing exclusively every three to three-and-a-half hours or so and takes three hour-and-a-half to two-hour naps a day with a quick cat nap most evenings.  Most of the time, he sleeps through the night from 8:30 pm to 6:30 or 7:00 am.  Once in awhile, he stirs and keeps the whole house up during the night, but we all still love him to bits.  Fortunately, he's got cute on his side ;).
We've also been trying out new goodies, like Blockbuster Cookies (The recipe is in lockdown, or I'd link it up.  They're ever so good and stuffed to the brim with Raisinets and popcorn.)...
and homemade pumpkin donuts...
as well as scrumptious finds like the most delicious raspberries I've EVER tasted.
I put my Silhouette to good use, cutting 225 apples out for our upcoming, backpack collection at church.
And I just couldn't resist throwing in this pic of a little visitor to one of my gardens...
or leaving you with this precious pic of my boys all ready for bed and watching the rain pitter-pat against the windows.
Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedules to stop by!  Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

I'm drooling over your food ... And I just adore seeing your photos ... Kaden definitely had cute on his side!! Have a lovely weekend ...

Miriam Prantner said...

Great update! I cracked up at Adina giving instructions to the lifeguard.....I don't know ANY girls like that! ha! Your little silhouette apples are so cute and will be so appreciated!

Lisa said...

Hi Jinny!! Thanks for the update and all of the CUTE photos! i have to say the final photo is something pretty special! Take care sweet friend ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving all the photos ... that last one is JUST PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!

Leslie Germain said...

Looks like you have been busy! Love the photos! Your baby is darling!!

Tracy said...

Busy as usual. LOL. Great pics Jinny. Thanks for sharing. Hugs!

Charlene said...

OMGosh, LOVE the family update! I cant believe how big and adorable Kaden is! LOoks like a fun time with loads of wonderful food!

Ashley Horton said...

Lots of great photos Jinny, and I love those sweet photos of Kaden!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great family pics, Jinny! What a beautiful family you have. :) That baby!! Oh my, Kaden is SO cute. And love that last pic of big brother holding little brother. Awwww!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! What AWESOME Pictures as usual!! =) LOVING that your having such a GREAT and BUSY Summer!! =) I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Kaden's Hair!! What a DOLL!! THANKS for sharing the Pic's and I hope you have another AWESOME WEEKEND!! =)