JBS June Crafted Kit

Friday, July 18, 2014

I just couldn't help sharing a little something different today simply because they make me so happy!  As soon as I saw the Jenni Bowlin June Crafted Kit, I knew that I had to pick it up.  It's been awhile since I've made something without paper, and it was about time that I did.
I don't think that it really matters front from back, but I used the fabric circles above as a sort of pattern (i.e. diamonds, leaves, the outline of the ampersand, chevrons, the white part of the rose, and palm branches) for my quilting on the coasters (I never specifically said what they were before.  Tee hee!), and here's how they look on the other side.  I just picked them all up at the same time for the flip.  So, the yellow diamond above is backed with the "QUALITY" design below.  The leaf print above is backed with the "REFRESH" pattern below, and so forth with the center patterns being in the same positions both above and below.
This was my first time at hand quilting, but it was so relaxing and mindless, and I just love the end result!  So... I'm thinking I'll definitely be trying it again sometime.  I cannot tell you how much I love these fabrics, too; and the rustic, vintage look is so fun!  Plus, they're super useful to boot ;).  Thanks, Leah!
And thanks so much, to you all, for stopping by!  We've got some special visitors today, but I'll definitely be spending a portion of my weekend trying to catch up with many of you.  I'm having difficulty finding a balance between my design work and blogging versus my commenting time.  It seems I no longer have time for both.  So, it may be a bit quiet around here over the next week, while I attempt to catch up with you all.  Please know that I so appreciate all of your visits and treasure each and every comment made.  xoxoxo

11 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great project! I love how these turned out! Take a breath and enjoy what's going on! We'll all be here when you get back!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh I love love love these!!!!

Lynn said...

Oh, love, love, love these! Don't you just love when crafty projects make you happy!

Annette Allen said...

what really.. those are amazing.. totally love..

enjoy your visitors..

Lisa said...

These are darling Jinny and I'm happy they were relaxing for you. I NEED to get started on a baby quilt, Dec. will be here before we know it!!

Lisa said...

These are darling Jinny and I'm happy they were relaxing for you. I NEED to get started on a baby quilt, Dec. will be here before we know it!!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!! How FUN are these!! LOVE them and that you used a JB Kit to create them!! =) No worries, I was out for a week while being sick and you would have thought I could have been on the computer catching up, WRONG!! I felt SO BAD that even the web was NO FUN!! =( I'm even further behind on my commenting that before, but I've decided that I'll make it when I make it and that will just have to do!! Something is ALWAYS better than NOTHING right!!?? No matter how late!! Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND Sweet Jinny!! =)

alexandra s.m. said...

I love these!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

These are so pretty Jinny. Love the patterns and colors... I can see how relaxing it can be...

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous project Jinny! You did such a fantastic job, I am in awe of your hand quilting!

Tracy said...

My fingers are sore for you. LOL I hardly ever do any hand sewing anymore, well...machine either except on paper. :-) These are great and like you said, they'll come in handy. Hugs!