The Studio Stamping Challenge

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Morning!  Just popping in quick to share my take on The Studio's new challenge.  We want to see stamping on your pages this time.  Those of you who are regular followers of my blog know that this challenge was made for me!  Matter of fact, it's rare that a page I create doesn't contain stamping.  And since my hubby and I are celebrating our 13th anniversary today, naturally, I hunted through my stash for pics of us and found these from just two years ago today.  I was further inspired by My Mind's Eye's Market Street: Ashbury Heights Collection and managed to tie eleven different, stamped images into my page.  Enjoy!
I started this page by stamping the Gungy Border, in Pool Party ink, near the center of my pink, striped, patterned, paper, base page.  I then stamped the flowers and heart clusters in Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, and Jet Black inks respectively, before gold embossing the flourishes and placing my photos which were matted with Whisper White cardstock.  The whole photo cluster was grounded with a "tell me about it" journaling card, upon which I journaled, After a delicious dinner out, we went to the place where it all really began for us.  When we were dating, we spent hrs. here swinging on "our" bench, talking, and eating snow cones.  I even carried a can of WD40, under the front seat of my car, in case it got extra squeaky.
In turn, that journaling card was grounded with a couple of phrase bits, as well as the stamped, in Jet Black ink, "celebrating JUL 06 2012" date...
and further dressed up with a floral die cut, flanked by a couple of die-cut, from Whisper White cardstock, and glittered leaves.
Another leaf, prepared in the same way as above, backs my title grouping.  The "OWL always love you!" title itself was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a cardstock sticker.  A couple of owls were then stamped, in Jet Black ink, on White cardstock, colored in with pencils, and hand-cut out.  I also added a bit of Crystal Effects, for shine, to their eyes and perched them atop a branch, prepared in the same way as the owl themselves and wrapped with a length of white string, tied in a bow.
The top photo was embellished with a heart, cardstock, sticker tab and "FRIDAY" arrow die cut; and a bursting handful of gold, enamel dots complete the look.
This month, you're playing for a £15 voucher, for Washi Tape, from www.washitape.co.uk.  We're also excited to have my friend, Yvonne Yam, guest designing with us all month.  So, please be sure to stop by and leave her lots of love.  And don't forget to stop by the challenge link above to get all your challenge details, as well as to be thoroughly inspired by this talented team.  Thanks so much for stopping by, friends!  Have a wonderful week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Grungy Border & Night Owls (Market Street Stamps), Spring Fling (Teresa Collins), & Borders & Backgrounds 3 (Wplus9); date (Dear Lizzy) Paper: Whisper White (SU!); White (Wplus9); pink stripe (MME) Ink: Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, & Pool Party (SU!); Jet Black (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: white string (Hobby Lobby); cardstock stickers, gold enamel dots, "tell me all about it" journaling card, & die-cut bits (MME); Dazzling Diamonds & Crystal Effects (SU!); gold embossing powder (Ranger); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Foliage die (Spellbinders); Big Shot (Sizzix); Burnt Ochre, Dark Umber, Light Umber, Dark Brown, Tuscan Red, Light Aqua, True Green, Olive Green, Spanish Orange, Yellowed Orange, Canary Yellow, Cream, Peach, & Blush Pink pencils (Prismacolor); mineral spirits (Inky Antics)

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy anniversary to you and BJ! Your layout is fabulous! Love reading about how it all began. xx

~amy~ said...

Happy Anniversary!
Such a gorgeous layout!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy Anniversary!! This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeee the colors and the owls!!!

Lisa said...

Happy anniversary to you and BJ!! I remember reading about the park bench once before, sweet story. Your page is darling, those little owls are too sweet!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful layout! I love the little owls, the fussy cut flowers, the journaling in the speech bubble. All around great!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Happy Anniversary! Cute photo of the two of you. Wonderful layout and way to use the stamps.:)

Ashley Horton said...

I love that striped paper in the background Jinny, and the fun way you layered your photos and embellishments!!

Ros Crawford said...

Happy Anniversary!! Such a beautiful page ... full of everything special

Charlene said...

Oh my gosh Jinny, adorable!!!! I love those owls!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a wonderful lay-out Jinny. Love the sweet owls and the speech bubble! Neat idea!

Tracy said...

Oh yes, I always love the way you incorporate stamping in your layouts. The owls are too cute! Great job Jinny!

yyam said...

Hope you had an awesome anniversary! I love the layers and eye candy on your layout! Those owls are so cute!

~Tammy~ said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope it was Fantabulous! What a beautiful layout!