Color Me Scrappy Challenge #68

Friday, August 15, 2014

Note: If you've come here looking for my Stuck?! August 15th Sketch post, please scroll down.

Hello again!  I'm back to share my take on Color Me Scrappy's latest palette.  Enjoy!
I started this layout by stamping my gradient, base page, in Jet Black ink, with the large chevrons.  I then added both aqua and yellow, rubon chevrons over them, before adhering a strip of red, alpha, patterned paper, vertically, just left of center; flanking it with a couple lengths of Washi Tape; and topping it with both raindrop and yellow, graphic, patterned papers.  The latter were framed with a couple lengths of black-threaded, straight, machine stitches; before everything was topped with Cameo-cut, from vellum, interlocking circles.  My photos were then matted with Whisper White cardstock; adhered in their present positions; and grounded with my "splash PARK" title, which was created from glittered, aqua alphas and Cameo-cut, from a floral, patterned paper, letters.  I also tucked a "little lovelies" phrase bit in with the title.
A portion of a postcard tag was then laced with white string, tied in a bow, and tucked in behind my layers.  I wanted to share a little tip for how to stretch your stash here.  I tend to more often use these tags as an extra layer like this, rather than as a whole like I did back here, but it just kills me to waste the entire thing.  So, why not cut it in half and use it twice?  Now, you could just use the non-tag half as is, but I kind of like the texture the whole tag look adds.  So, I used the smallest circle in Wplus9 Design's Lacey Layers die set to cut a Kraft, cardstock circle; adhered the circle in the far right center of the tag; and punched through the center of both layers with a simple, hole punch.  I also trimmed the corners as seen below.
A dimensional, cloud sticker, which I also dressed up with lots of glitter for the polka dots, trims the top right corner of Ezekiel's picture, and a trio of phrase bit stickers round out its side.
A "SMILE" tag and "date" July 9, 2013 label...
prep the page for lots of buttons, laced with white string, as well as colorful brads and clear sequins, which complete the look.
Further inspiration for this layout came from Creative Scrappers' Sketch #275.
And here's your Challenge #68 palette to get you started.  We're also asking that you include something on your page that signifies summer to you.
You have until the 28th of each month to link up your takes and are playing for the opportunity to guest design with our talented team.  Speaking of, please be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see how they've interpreted the challenge.  Thanks so much for peeking in, and have a great weekend, friends!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: chevron (Jenni Bowlin) Paper: Whisper White (SU!); Kraft (Wplus9); gradient (hazel & ruby); yellow designer (Studio Calico); raindrop & floral (Pink Paislee); red alpha (Jillibean Soup); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Dazzling Diamonds (SU!); red buttons (Buttons Galore & More); brads & "SMILE" tag (MME); clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); circle cut file (Diana Fisher); Cameo (Silhouette); Lacey Layers die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); "little lovelies" sticker (K&Company); "a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck" phrase bit (hazel & ruby); "together = perfect" & "radiate sunshine" phrase stickers (Chic Tags); "date" label (American Crafts); Storybook Washi Tape (Paper Bakery); aqua alphas (October Afternoon); tag & veneer buttons (Jenni Bowlin); white string (Hobby Lobby); chevron rubons (Dear Lizzy)

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the photos and loving all the circle elements!!!!!!

Missy Whidden said...

Oh my goodness, Jinny! This is absolutely stunning! I am always in love with your attention to the little details. The stamping is so awesome here, and I love the buttons and sequins! And the vellum cut...wow! It really adds so much to this. I LOVE IT!

Charlene said...

I just LOVE your pages and you almost make me want to start lol! Every detail is perfection!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

Kat said...

seriously cute layout! love how bright and happy it is!

Annette Allen said...

wow i love the color on this layout.. so totally awesome and super cute pictures..

Lisa said...

Perfectly summery and delightful Jinny! Love those smiling faces ;)

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how those black chevrons really anchor things, and loving all the circle elements too, wonderful layout!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a fun layout, Jinny! I love the mix of color in the background!! And thanks for the info on the computer classes! I like to go with different sources for our curriculum right now, so we may look into some computer courses down the road.

~Tammy~ said...

Cute love the cluster layout in the center! Darling clouds and buttons...LOVE it!

Maria said...

Love the blue/green background and sweet photos! Fun buttons and circle elements...well done!:-)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a fun lay-out. Great pictures as usual. Those buttons are super cute.