The Studio Buttons Challenge

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Morning, friends!  I trust you all are having a wonderful weekend.  I've been a bit under the weather lately, on top of taking care of one sick little lady, but just couldn't pass up the opportunity to play with one of my favorite embellishments for The Studio's new challenge.  We're looking for buttons on your pages this go around.  I have to admit that while I love to just toss and tuck buttons round about my pages to add dimension and interest, I really wanted to do something different for this take.  So much so, that I was completely overthinking it and paralyzed to start the creative process.  In the end, I leaned on a trio of photos of my beautiful girl on last year's trip to the orchard, as well as some gorgeous papers from We R Memory Keepers, and used buttons to simulate apples in my embossed tree embellishment.  You'll also find a few stamped buttons, laced with string, throughout the page.
I started this page by stamping the splatter, base page, in More Mustard, Coastal Cabana, and Melon Mambo inks, with a variety of doily images.  While I had my inks out, I also stamped a few buttons, on Whisper White, cardstock, circle die cuts; laced them with white string; and later, scattered them throughout the page.  I then anchored my main photo, which was matted with Whisper White cardstock, over a trio of color-coordinating, patterned papers, as well as a scrap of vellum and dressed it up with a white-embossed, on vellum, and hand-cut tree.  In the tree, I hung a number of bright pink buttons, all laced with white string, and some flanked with stamped, in Garden Green ink, on Whisper White cardstock and hand-cut leaves.  I also embellished it with a hand-cut, from patterned paper, butterfly, as well as a stamped, in London Fog ink, on Whisper White cardstock and hand-cut fence.
The bottom right of the photograph was grounded with a Cameo-cut, from Coastal Cabana cardstock and glittered "Sweet", adhered over a "place:" Schweizer Orchards, September 27, 2013 label, as well as one of those stamped buttons from before.
It was then topped with the "APPLE PICKIN'" title, which was created from hot pink, foam, glitter Thickers.
The space between the top photos, which were matted with Whisper White cardstock and strung together with white string, tied in a bow...
was embellished with lots of sticker phrases, as well as some hand-cut, from patterned paper, word confetti and a stamped, in Jet Black ink, "you're my pick of the patch" sentence.  Another hand-cut, from patterned paper, butterfly here...
as well as to the right...
and left of the photo grouping, complete the look.
This month's winner will receive a package of chippies from A2Z Scraplets.  A2Z Scraplets manufactures laser-cut chipboard products, in Australia, for the scrapbooking world.  They have an extensive range with 1000's of products to choose from or can cut designs or titles to suit your needs.  Their products can be painted, inked, embossed, glittered, etc... The possibilities are endless!  They are WHOLESALE ONLY.  Head over to their website to see a great range of products and/or be inspired by a visit to their blog.
Thanks so much for looking, and don't forget to stop by the challenge link above to see what the rest of the girls have whipped up for your viewing pleasure.  We're also super excited to be welcoming a crop of new talent to the team.  So thrilled to have you joining in the fun, ladies!  Be blessed, friends!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Lacey Layers (Wplus9); Fall-O-Ween (Market Street Stamps) Paper: Whisper White & Coastal Cabana (SU!); splatter, butterfly, word confetti, triangles, & hot pink stripe (We R Memory Keepers); aqua polka dot (MME); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Melon Mambo, Garden Green, More Mustard, & Coastal Cabana (SU!); London Fog (Memento); watermark (VersaMark); Jet Black (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: white string (Hobby Lobby); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Lacey Layers die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); white embossing powder (Ranger); buttons (Buttons Galore & More); "Sweet" cut file & Cameo (Silhouette); Dazzling Diamonds & heat embossing tool (SU!); word confetti stickers (hazel & ruby); "place:" label (Chic Tags); hot pink foam glitter Thickers (American Crafts)

19 comments:

Kat said...

really great layout...I love the way you used the buttons...and I love that patterned paper. that background paper is my fave...I used it a few weeks ago on one of my own projects and seriously wished I had some more of it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!!!! I love love love the colors, the photos and how you added the buttons!!!! Hope everyone feels better this week!

Tessa Buys said...

Beautiful page! I love the stamped buttons and how we both used the word "sweet". I'm excited to be on the team with you :).

Sindi Jeffers said...

Such a pretty page! I like how you used the buttons and the splatters are a nice touch. :)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Fun layout Jinny! Love the colours especially with those photos.:)

Laura said...

Just love this one!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love this! All that splatter, the butterflies, the button tree, it's wonderful!

Annette Allen said...

yay for apple picking.. this is so adorable..

Ashley Horton said...

Everything about your layout is stunning, Jinny! Such a fantastic use of the buttons, for the challenge! And those photos of your girlie, are just too cute!!

~amy~ said...

Oh this is lovely...awesome use of the buttons Jinny!

Ros Crawford said...

Love love love this page ... gorgeous photos and those buttons are genius!! I hope the little lady gets better soon!

Nicole Wess said...

I love your apple button tree!

Charlene said...

This is such a wonderful page Jinny! Everything about it is perfect!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Those are some sweet sunglasses that girl has Jinny! Love this colourful summertime layout!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic lay-out Jinny. Those butterflies are so pretty and the tree with the buttons is amazing. Love the cute photos of Adina.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous page Jinny!
Thank you~

Lisa said...

This is so sweet! Love the fluttery butterflies, glittery letters and those GROOVY shades Adina is wearing!!

Tracy said...

Adina is stylin' in those glasses. LOL Love the layout. The button tree is so clever. :-)

Larissa Heskett said...

AWWWWWHHHH!! Look at that little SWEETIE!! She is so Darn CUTE and I LOVE the Butterflies and those Buttons!! =) The SPARKLE makes me SMILE and it totally goes with the Glases and the attitude that she has going on in these pictures!! I LOVE it!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)