Family Update

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Hey, friends!  I promise that I'm still alive ;).  I've even got a few pages whipped up to share with you over the next couple of days, but until then, I'd love to share a few pics of what we've been up to.  My hubby is sporting new wheels.  He accidentally blew through a red light and was hit on the driver's side of our car.  He's so lucky that both he and the other driver and his passengers are just fine, but our car didn't fair so well.
I'm finally getting back in the swing of my baking routine...
and we've recently been introduced to Kansas City Cupcake Co.  Oh, my goodness gracious!  Yum!  The cupcakes below were so moist, full of flavor, and utterly delish!  The only bad thing about the company is that their storefront is literally five minutes walking distance from my house.  Ugh!  That may make getting rid of those extra baby weight pounds more difficult.
Ezekiel is back to tweaking his clarinet after a little time off from band for the summer and loving playing fall ball.  His summer YMCA team joined the 3&2 ball club and is learning a lot about the details of the game.  It's a much more competitive league, but it's also a lot more fun to watch, even when they don't win.
He's doing so well in his studies this year.  It seems he's gotten over a bit of the hump that caused him to struggle over the last few years.  Maybe it's just that he's maturing.  Whatever it is, I'll take it!  It sure makes for a much happier family.  Matter of fact, he even just completed his first oral report of the year on the tree in our backyard and didn't shed a single tear.  Woohoo!
Kaden has eaten his first veggies.  He loves the orange- and yellow-toned ones...
and while the green ones haven't started out as his favorites, he, now, eats peas like a champ.
He's seven-months-old and constantly moving all over the place on his tummy and toosh.  He also gets on his hands and knees and rocks and rocks and rocks.  He's still nursing five times a day, and eating cereal for breakfast, veggies at lunch, and both for dinner.  Fruits are on the agenda for next week.  He takes two hour-and-a-half to two-hour naps a day and one approximately 30-minute catnap, while I'm working on dinner.  The grumpies creep in during the evening hours.  His swing sometimes helps with that, but the best remedy is simply for him to be held.  Unfortunately, that has put me in the doctor's office with a back injury.  I'm really trying not to do so much at the same time as toting my cutie pie around anymore, as per my doctor's orders, but a nightly heat pad has become my best friend.  He continues to make us smile with his antics and oozes personality.  Oh!  And while I can't yet see them in his smile, I can feel two bottom teeth.  Poor baby!  They've caused him all kinds of grief.
And even though I don't have any new pics to share of my girl, she is doing great!  She was under the weather for a few days this past week.  About the time I got better, she got the ickies.  Although, they weren't the same ickies I had.  We're so glad she's on the up and up now, though.  We missed her smile and silliness.  She's still loving school (It seems to come easy to her.) and is looking forward to starting back up with ballet next week.  She, along with Ezekiel, is also enjoying a new Awana club this year.  There's nothing like hearing little ones speak the Word of God.

Well, that catches you up on a few of the things that have kept us running.  Thanks so much for checking in on us and for all your sweet comments and emails, friends!  You sure know how to put a smile on this girl's face.  Love you lots!  Be blessed!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad everyone is okay from the accident! Loving all the photos!! hoping you and Adina feel better soon!!!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the updates Jinny! Glad BJ and his passengers were all okay, love the new red wheels! Hope Adina feels better soon and you too!

KimCreate said...

Cute pics of the family! Looking forward to seeing your layouts! You always do beautiful work on them!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great update! So glad everyone was OK after the accident!!!

Annette Allen said...

what a great family update.. sorry to hear about the accident but everyone is ok and that is wonderful.. love all the pictures and girl you made homemade bread ooooooo that is my favorite.. just can't pass up a free loaf of bread..

hugs

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely photos!! I really like your new car ... so glad hubby is safe ... and your bread looks amazing ... you must share your recipe!