The Studio Sketch Challenge

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Happy Sunday, y'all!  I've got my take on The Studio's new challenge to share, with you all, this am.  We've got a fancy, new sketch, for you, this go around.  Enjoy!
That big circle nearly scared me right out of my boots, folks!  I mean... I've done pages with large circles but never really liked the end result... until today.  I started this page with that circle, which I used to create my repetitive, "hush little baby" title from a trio of color-coordinating alphas.
I then anchored the left side of my photos, which were matted with Whisper White cardstock, with a trio of soft blue prints, secured in place with gray-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  A green tag, laced with white string, tied in a bow, as well as a "YOU ARE HERE" label, was tucked under the top edge of the top photograph, which was finished with a February 2014 tab.
That same photo was grounded with a "grow" sticker and "thank heaven for little boys" banner.
My bottom photo was grounded with a "NEED THIS.", sticker banner, as well as a green-framed label, upon which I etched a Peter Pan quote.  Little boys should never be sent to bed.  They always wake up a day older.
The key cluster was created around a single chipboard cloud and includes a "Dream" sticker; stamped, in Brocade Blue ink, on White cardstock, moon, which I hand cut out and "pierced" with a diaper pin sticker; and a stamped, in Jet Black ink, on White cardstock, lamb, which I hand cut out and colored with pencils.
Another chipboard cloud; lots of star stickers, covered with glitter; and a couple of stamped, in Jet Black ink, phrases complete the look.
Here's your Sketch Challenge to get you started.
Thanks so much for stopping by, y'all!  Be sure to stop by the link above to get all your challenge details, as well as to be thoroughly inspired by our talented team.  Have a fantastic week!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fall-O-Ween & Baby Basics (Market Street Stamps); Easter Blessings (Wplus9) Paper: White (Wplus9); Whisper White & soft blue floral (SU!); soft blue polka dot (Paper Studio); blue gingham (Pebbles Inc.); gray polka dot (Elle's Studio) Ink: Brocade Blue (SU!); Jet Black (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); white string (Hobby Lobby); chipboard clouds (October Afternoon); green tag & framed label (Crate Paper); "YOU ARE HERE" label & "NEED THIS." banner (Jenni Bowlin); green polka dot tab, star stickers, & "Dream" circle (Pebbles Inc.); "thank heaven for little boys" cardstock sticker (Paper Studio); Dazzling Diamonds (SU!); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); pencils (Prismacolor); mineral spirits (Inky Antics); "grow" sticker (Little Yellow Bicycle); white letters (sei); gray Alphabeans (Jillibean Soup); foam glitter Thickers (Dear Lizzy); soft blue diaper pin (Me & My Big Ideas)

17 comments:

Kat said...

love this layout! your title work is what I love most - such a great idea. you are always so creative and inspiring!

KimCreate said...

Super layout of your sweet baby. Love all the small elements like the cute lamb, all the cute little stickers and the alphas in a circle!

Missy Whidden said...

This is just amazing, Jinny! You put so much detail into each of your projects, and I just love looking at all of them. I love how you created your big circle with the alphas...so creative!

Annette Allen said...

what an adorable little layout.. love all the stitching you did..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the photos, the clouds and the circular title!!!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

oh my goodness...so SWEET

Jennifer said...

Oh my Jinny, love your LO! What a great way to use alpha stickers. Hope you're all doing well!

Maria said...

Beautiful layout with precious photos and sweet detail! Great new wheels and adorable photos of your boys!:-)

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! I love the repeating title in the circle and the clouds and the lamb/

Leslie Germain said...

Absolutely adorable page, Jinny!!

Ashley Horton said...

Amazing layout, Jinny! Love how you used the circle from the sketch and added the different alphas!

Lisa said...

Holy smokes Jinny this is adorable!! My goodness what precious photos of your sweet baby boy!! And a big bravo to you for overcoming your circle fears with this fabulous solution!!!

Ros Crawford said...

So very adorable!!

Monique Liedtke said...

Super sweet layout! Love the little sheep, the moon and the diaper pin!

♥ Lynn said...

Oh! So adorable! Great Peter Pan quote!!!
Love how you used alphas around your circle... so creative!

Anna said...

Such a lovely layout, I really love how you did the circle in the sketch with words, very clever, and so many other lovely details!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, my... I love this Jinny. That picture is so sweet! I love the circle in the background and the cluster of elements on the left side.