Color Me Scrappy Challenge #72

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Note:  This is my third post in the last eight hours.  Crazy!  I know, but I'd really love to have you scroll down to check out both my Stuck?! October 15th Sketch and Paper Sweeties October Release Party posts, too.  I promise to tone it down a notch next week ;).

Now, let's get to the reason for this particular post.  I've got a page whipped up for Color Me Scrappy's newest palette, to share, with you all, this morning; and while I didn't realize it until I was pulling papers and after I had already chosen a couple of photos that coordinated with the palette beautifully, it would work so well on your Christmas pages, friends.  Check it out!
I started this page by piecing lots and lots and lots of layers of paper pieces/strips and journaling bits, some of which were anchored with burgundy-threaded, straight, machine stitches, into the vertical center of my ivory, textured, cardstock, base page.  I then matted my photos with Whisper White cardstock; placed them in their present positions; and tucked a tag, which I used to house my journaling and laced with burgundy Baker's Twine, tied in a bow, under the top one.  The journaling reads, Daddy-daughter date night @ the KC Zoo... You learned about the metamorphosis of butterflies & frogs through stories, crafts, songs, & a yummy snack.  When Daddy asked you what your favorite part was on the way home, you said, "Being with you, Daddy."  Awww!
That same photo was topped with a hand-cut, from patterned paper, cloud, which I popped up with foam tape and embellished with a glittered, burgundy, heart sticker.
The bottom photo was dressed up with an "i like you!", finger sticker, pointing to my daughter in the row of children listening to the story...
and grounded with a couple of phrase stickers, as well as a "DEDICATED TO:" May 2, 2014, label.
My "goodnight ZOO" title, which was created with green, ABC stickers and woodgrain, chipboard Alphabeans, was backed with a fuzzy polar bear and grounded with an "oh what fun!" phrase bit.
A bunch of wood veneer and burgundy buttons, laced with white string, as well as a handful of snowflake sequins, scattered throughout, complete the look.
Here's your Challenge #72 palette to get you started.  We're asking you to add some "wood" on your projects this week.  I've used wood veneer buttons, patterned paper strips, chipboard Alphabeans, and even a phrase sticker and journaling card.
As always, you have until the 28th of each month to link up your takes and are playing for the opportunity to guest design with our talented team.  Please be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see what the rest of the team has created for your viewing pleasure, and have a great day!  Blessings!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: ivory textured (Bazzill); newspaper, vintage advertisement, & floral (Jenni Bowlin); burgundy interlocking (Close to My Heart); woodgrain (October Afternoon); leafy (Fancy Pants); feather (Studio Calico); olive text (7 Gypsies) Ink: Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: burgundy thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); veneer buttons, finger journaling card, Baker's Twine, tag, & snowflake sequins (Jenni Bowlin); burgundy buttons (JoAnn Fabrics); white string (Hobby Lobby); cloud (Bella Blvd.); heart, "oh what fun!" & "THINGS WE DO" cardstock stickers, & notebook paper journaling card (Simple Stories); green ABC stickers (Lilybee Design); woodgrain chipboard Alphabeans (Jillibean Soup); polar bear sticker (Doodlebug Design); "i like you!" finger (Basic Grey); "oh happy day" sticker (hazel & ruby); Storybook Washi (Paper Bakery); "DEDICATED TO:" label (7 Gypsies)

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh Adina's personality shines through on this page. Adorable.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the layers and the little cloud!!!!

Maria said...

What a sweet layout! A perfect photo of your husband and Adina...so sweet! And, love all the fab details!:-)

Tracy said...

You are amazing lady. That's all there is to it. Each and every piece is perfect---as always. :-) Hugs!

Charlene said...

Gorgeous Jinny!! Where do you find the time to make all these awesome pages!

Lisa said...

This is super cute Jinny! But my favorite part is on the journalling tag...Adina's answer of "being with you daddy" ~ warmed my heart!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love all those different wide strips of paper! Wonderful layout!

Ashley Horton said...

Such an awesome layout, Jinny!! I love all of the fun things to look at!!

yyam said...

I love all the yummy layers and details here!

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous page! Love the patterned papers and great pic of daddy and daughter!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

You are the queen of layering! Fantastic!