Paper Sweeties October Release Rewind

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Note:  This is my fourth post in the last 24 hours.  Deep breath.  I'd be thrilled if you'd scroll down and check out all the fun!

Well, you made it!  It's the final day of Paper Sweeties' October Release, and all the goodies you've seen here and on the Design Team's blogs (which, by the way, you must be sure to visit), over the last four days, are available for the pickin' even as this post goes live.  But before you're off to doing that pickin', if you haven't done so already, how about one last, release-inspired creation?
I started this card by trimming the bottom of a piece of white, embossed, patterned paper with a strip of red, stripe, patterned paper and anchoring them both, to the White, cardstock, card face, with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  I then wrapped a length of white, seam binding ribbon around the card face; tied it, in a bow, near the left edge of the card face; and embellished it with a chenille candy cane from the Paper Sweeties Shoppe, wrapped with a length of Baker's Twine, tied in a bow and, in turn, embellished with die-cut, felt, holly leaves, studded with a red Sparklet.
I then stamped a "25" journaling card, in Jet Black ink, with the "Believe" sentiment...
framed it with a bit of Cupid's Bow cardstock; trimmed it with chipboard, photo corners; further dressed it up with white-embossed, on vellum die cuts, snowflakes; and adhered it, to the card face, with foam tape.
Jake was then decked out in his Santa suite, which was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on White cardstock; colored with pencils; hand-cut out; and given a little shimmer and shine, before being adhered, with foam tape, near center of the card face to complete the look.
Further inspiration for this card came from Festive Friday's Challenge #42.
Thanks ever so much for all of your visits and lovely comments and to Debbie and her amazing crew for having me this month!  I've had so much fun and can't wait to ink all these goodies up again in the near future!  If you're not a regular follower of my blog, have a safe and blessed holiday season.  And for the rest of you wonderful people, thanks so much for all you do to make this a place I continue to desire to be.  Love you all!

Amber Kroening
Annette Allen
Debbie Marcinkiewicz – Paper Sweeties
Jinny Newlin (You're here!)
Larissa Heskett  (off this month)
Lysa Rohrer
Nancy Penir

And I couldn't help but add a HUGE congratulations to our Kansas City Royals!  We're speechless.  Excitement is all over the city, and we've been completely swept up in it.  Let's go, Royals!
https://www.facebook.com/SportsCenter/photos/a.166942843324566.37299.147262525292598/951522544866588/
 
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Snow Friends, Jake, Santa Claus, & Joy (Paper Sweeties) Paper: White & Cupid's Bow (Wplus9); white embossed (sei); red stripe (Echo Park); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Snow Friends die & chenille candy cane (Paper Sweeties); Big Shot (Sizzix); white embossing powder (Ranger); red Sparklet (Kaiser Craft); felt (Scrapbook Page); Dazzling Details (SU!); colored pencils (Prismacolor); mineral spirits (Inky Antics); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); chipboard photo corners (Crate Paper); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); journaling card (Elle's Studio); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies)

22 comments:

Lynn said...

Way to go Royals! So happy for KC. I'll be rooting for them! I was super lucky and got to go to the Giants game tonight as I was in SF for a conference. So fun! Love your card and super happy to see you playing along with us at Festive Friday Jinny!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous bow and love those vellum snowflakes!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love your card!!!! LOVING that Santa!!!!!

Annette Allen said...

how cute.. awesome designing..

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh I love your Santa so much Jinny! Way to go Royals! Isn`t it fun when a city gets so excited?

Maria said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Jinny! And, good luck to the Royals...how exciting!

Missy Whidden said...

Oh my gosh! This is the CUTEST card ever, Jinny!! That Santa is adorable.

Angi Barrs said...

This card is so fun & festive! Love it!

Mynn xx said...

Too cute! LOVE the candy cane addition--fabulous! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Leslie Germain said...

Lovely holiday card!!!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!! I LOVE this such an AWESOME card Design!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for filling in for me!! It helps a TON with the Stress as it just takes me FOREVER to get just one card made with only my Left Hand to work with, but by the end of all of this I'm hoping it makes me a MUCH FASTER Crafter overall!! LOL!! =) THANKS AGAIN and have a Fabulous Weekend Sweet Jinny!! =) P.S I got you card and I LOVE IT!! SQUEAL!! I was seriously jumping up and down with EXCITMENT to have my VERY OWN Jinny Newlin Card and it will be displayed in a VERY SPECIAL Place with ALL of the other AWESOME cards that I have received from all of my other AMAZING Designer Friends!! =) It TOTALLY Makes me SMILE EVERY time I look at them all!! =)

Lisa said...

What a cute holiday card Jinny!! I like the addition of the little candy cane, so sweet. Fingers crossed for your team!!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome card Jinny!! The Santa is so fun and I love all of your layers and texture!!

Charlene said...

Beautiful card and love the vellum snowflakes!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love how all the elements work together on this card to make it feel fun, whimsical and festive! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning card Jinny ... I hope you and yours are enjoying your weekend

KayM said...

What a darling card! I love all the cute elements you have incorporated here! The candy cane is perfect! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet card Jinny. Love the darling image, the coloring... the embellishments are so pretty... especially those vellum snowflakes.

Geri said...

Oh, what a sweet and festive card, Jinny! LOVE that little cluster of embellishments you've used to top it off! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!!!

Anya said...

I always loved your cards! You have a great eye for designing them!

alexandra s.m. said...

Your card is so beautiful Jinny!
That Santa is adorable and Go Royals is right!
I was excited to see how well they did last night!

Debbie said...

I think this may be my ALL TIME FAVORITE of all the projects you've created for Paper Sweeties -- Love sweet Jake as Kris Kringle!!!