The Studio Large Photo Challenge

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Morning, y'all!  I'm back with another new challenge from The Studio.  I hope that I didn't totally cheat this one; because while I'm more of a small photo scrapper, I really would've loved to do this one justice with a big photo (4" x 6" minimum).  However, with my busy schedule, I just didn't have time to sort through my thousands of photos to pick one that deserved the larger size and have it printed in time.  I did want to get this 5-3/4" x 8" birth announcement for my littlest into his book, though.  So, I went with it, using the palette from the announcement itself as inspiration and pulling in a few of my favorite patterns (i.e. gingham, polka dots, and bitty florals).  Enjoy!
I started this page by anchoring a trio of color-coordinating, patterned papers, with gray-threaded, straight, machine stitches, along with a strip of Washi and lace "xoxo" vellum, cut with my Cameo, just left of vertical center, on my gray, stripe, patterned, paper, base page.
I then secured a couple additional, bitty floral strips, with more gray-threaded, straight, machine stitches, along both outer edges.  The right edge was further embellished with a bit more Washi, as well as a polka dot, chipboard button, laced with white thread.
After placing the announcement, which I let serve as my "hello BABY" title...
I dressed up its top edge with a trio of die-cut, from White cardstock, clouds...
and tucked both a "too sweet!" label and white tag, which I dressed up with a color-coordinating, Bordering Blue, cardstock ring and laced with white string, tied in a bow.
The bottom right cluster was then created around a chipboard vase and includes a wood veneer heart; stamped, in both More Mustard and Tangerine Tango inks, to get just the right shade, on White cardstock and hand-cut out fox; and a soft blue, glittered "cute" sticker.  A handful of soft green, enamel dots complete the look.
Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see what the rest of the girls have whipped up just for your viewing pleasure, as well as to get all of your challenge details.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fox & Friends (SU!) Paper: Bordering Blue (SU!); White (Wplus9); gray stripe (Studio Calico); multicolored floral (Webster's Pages); polka dot (MME); gingham (Pebbles, Inc.); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Tangerine Tango & More Mustard (SU!) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Rainbow & Cloud die (Taylored Expressions); Lacey Layers die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); xoxo cut file & Cameo (Silhouette); "cute" sticker (Pebbles, Inc.); Dazzling Diamonds (SU!); tag (Jenni Bowlin); white string (Hobby Lobby); chipboard button, chipboard vase, & enamel dots (MME); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); veneer heart (Maya Road); "too sweet!" tag (Elle's Studio)

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh such adorable photos and a beautiful layout to highlight your gorgeous little one. Beyond precious Jinny.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooo gorgeous! I love love love how you used the announcement!!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet layout! I love the layers and how you repeated them on the right edge and love that little jar/fox cluster!

Tracy said...

I don't care if you cheated or not. This is fabulous! Amazing layout and you have perfectly captured those very special first moments of Kadens life. Hugs!

Lisa said...

This is so sweet Jinny and the photos are precious! I adore the tiny fox, so SWEET!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Awww! This makes me all gooey ... Such amazing tender photos!

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous page! LOVE what you did with the birth announcement!!!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! This is SO SWEET Jinny!! =) I LOVE the Colors and all of those PRECIOUS Photos!! Hard to believe how FAST the time Flies by!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)