The Studio Mixed Media Challenge

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Just popping in with my take on The Studio's newest challenge.  Folks, Anna is calling for us to get messy this go around.  So, I pulled in lots of goodies for my take from mists and inks to acrylic paint and a bit of Color Shine.  I was thoroughly inspired by all the wonderful goodies I received in this month's Jenni Bowlin Papercrafting Kit, including a heap of stuff from October Afternoon's new Apple Cider collection.  Yum!  So, let's just get started.
I started this page by smudging Patina Glimmer Mist onto my textured, vanilla, cardstock, base page.  I then inked it, through an arrow stencil, with Faded Jeans Distress Ink; stamped it, in Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie inks, with the circle elements; and splattered it with both Titanium White acrylic paint and Tinsel Color Shine.  That sets the foundation.  I then stretched a strip of navy, corrugated cardstock, which had been torn across its bottom edge, down the vertical center of my page and topped it with clusters of layered, color-coordinating, patterned papers, anchored with gray-threaded, straight and zig-zag, machine stitches.  My photos were matted with Whisper White cardstock and secured, with foam tape, over those yummy papers.  The top photos were strung together with white string, tied in a bow.
I also tucked a tiny vintage, prescription label behind the left photo and labeled its top left corner with a yellow, 11.15.13, arrow sticker.
The back photo on the bottom was just a photo of my kiddos buried in the leaves.  You wouldn't have even known anyone was there, except for their giggles.  I thought that I'd use it on my layout and had it printed, but it just didn't tell the story I wanted to tell.  I did love the way it layered in nicely behind the photo of my kiddos poking their hands through the leaves, though.
A straight edge was used to cut the "life documented" phrase bits from the tag, before they were secured above the photos, while the rest of the tag was layered below.
A "hello" transparency was stapled in the photos' bottom right corner.  I just painted the backside of it with a little more of that Titanium White acrylic paint to really make it stand out.
Another vintage, prescription label, amidst a kraft envelope and jar sticker, was secured to the right side of the lower photo grouping with a simple staple.
Don't you just adore that big jar?!  Me & My Big Ideas got it right with that design, and Jenni Bowlin even more so by adding it to her October Papercrafting Kit.  Love!  A couple of Pillow Puff phrase bits round things off beautifully.  I also scattered a number of Pillow Puff acorns and hand-cut, from patterned paper, leaves throughout the page.
Finally, I cut the "Rake Pile Jump!" title from patterned paper; secured it, with foam tape, between the photo clusters; and dressed it up with both a "hello there..." phrase sticker and stamped, in More Mustard ink, on White cardstock and hand-cut owl.
Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see what the rest of the girls have whipped up just for your viewing pleasure, as well as to get all of your challenge details.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful week, friends!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Nuts About Nature (Market Street Stamps); owl (Jenni Bowlin) Paper: textured vanilla(Core'dinations); Whisper White (SU!); White (Wplus9); navy corrugated (Bazzill); gray chevron, rust leafy, leaves, & multicolored floral (October Afternoon) Ink: Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, & More Mustard (SU!); Faded Jeans (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); vintage prescription labels & arrow stencil (Jenni Bowlin); yellow tab & "hello there..." sticker (Chic Tags); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); acorn & phrase bit Pillow Puffs & "Rake Pile Jump!" tag (October Afternoon); "life documented" tag (Elle's Studio); paper clip (office supply store); white string (Hobby Lobby); kraft envelope (Paper Studio); jar sticker (Me & My Big Ideas); "hello" transparency (Studio Calico); Tinsel Color Shine (Heidi Swapp); Patina Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); Titanium White acrylic paint (FolkArt)

15 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

What super photos!! And so beautifully scrapped!

Kat said...

love this, ginny! and the photos are seriously awesome!!

Missy Whidden said...

Wow, Jinny! I absolutely love this layout so much! I love your layering...there is always so much detail tucked in here and there. I love the inked blue arrows in the background and the way you created a top and bottom cluster with the fun title piece in the center. And all of those leaves are just perfect! SO awesome!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooo gorgeous!!! I love love love the colors, the layers and those fun photos!!!!!!

Maria said...

What a darling layout with with your sweet kiddos in all those leaves! Love all the detail! Cute tag and I'm rooting for the Royals for ya!:-)

Lisa said...

Perfectly delightful autumn LO Jinny!! Fun photos too!

Tracy said...

Oh wow is this a favorite for me. Fantastic layouts and SOOOO many cool layers and elements. You rock! Hugs!

Miriam Prantner said...

So many great photos! I love all the layers too, it's such a complex layout, so many great details and patterns, I just want to keep looking!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is delightful! Just delightful!

yyam said...

Lots of yummy details here Jinny! Love that the kids were hiding in that pile of leaves....how fun!

♥ Lynn said...

Yummmm!! Seriously love this one to pieces! All that mixed media and all those layers! Scrumptious!

Charlene said...

Always awesome Jinny!!!

Ashley Horton said...

How fun are these photos!! And your layout is perfect Jinny!! Really awesome Fall layout!!

Anya said...

This is such a fun page! I like how you imitated pile of leaves by piling up photos and cards on the page!

Linda R said...

Such a wonderful page.. It has me smiling. Those photos you used are too cute..

Hope all is well my friend.

Hugs~