Color Me Scrappy Challenge #74

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Note:  If you've come here looking for my Paper Sweeties November Release Party and/or Stuck?! November 15th Sketch post(s), please scroll down.

Morning, friends!  I got tickets for my hubby and big kiddos to attend a screening for the upcoming movie Paddington this morning, and while everyone is away and just as soon as Kaden lies down for his am nap, I've got plans to get all the wood floors in my house scrubbed.  What a great way to spend my Saturday.  Huh?  Actually, it's freezing cold and snowing outside, and they've needed scrubbing for far too long.  So, yeah.  It'll feel really good to get it done and be so much easier without little feet pitter-pattering all over them.  But enough about my day.  I'm here to share my take on Color Me Scrappy's latest palette.  So, let's just get started.
I started this layout by anchoring the teal arrow and multicolored, triangle, patterned papers, to the ivory, textured, cardstock, base pages, with navy-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  I then trimmed the space between them with strips of a gold, foil, polka dot, patterned paper, before placing my photos, which were matted in Whisper White cardstock, and turning my attention to the left side of the page.
It is here you'll find my "I'm so glad I live in a WORLD where there are OCTOBERS" title which was created from yellow and brown alphas, as well as blue, circle letters.
The photo stack was capped with a gold, "our story starts here" phrase bit...
and grounded with a cardstock, sticker arrow.
I then gold-embossed a bunch of leaves on vellum, hand cut them out, and tucked them in amongst a number of die-cut blooms, as well as navy, corrugated, cardstock, die-cut leaves; gold, sequin leaves; and a couple of wood veneer feathers.  A metal leaf rounds out the cluster.
Another cluster, housing a few of the same goodies described above...
pours over onto the right side of the page...
where you'll find a third cluster embellishing a "noted:" journaling card, as well as a striped tag, laced with white string, and simple, paper doily.  A "2013" date, created from number stickers, completes the look.
Further inspiration for this layout came from ScrapMuch?'s first November Sketch...
and here's your Challenge #74 palette to get you started.  For an added twist, we're asking for you to include leaves on your projects this go around.  As outlined above, I've included die-cut, metal, corrugated, sequin, and embossed leaves on mine.
As always, you have until the 28th of each month to link up your takes and are playing for the opportunity to guest design with our talented team.  Please be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see what the rest of the team has created for your viewing pleasure, and have a terrific weekend!  I smell pancakes for breakfast.  Mmmmm!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White (SU!); textured ivory & corrugated navy (Bazzill); teal arrow (MME); multicolored triangle (Pink Paislee); gold foil polka dot (Crate Paper); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: watermark (VersaMark) Other: navy thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Foliage die (Spellbinders); Big Shot (Sizzix); wood veneer feathers (Jenni Bowlin); metal leaves (Freckled Fawn); die-cut blooms (Sassafras); gold embossing powder (Ranger); gold sequin leaves (Crate Paper); arrow cardstock sticker, yellow & circle letters, & number stickers (Basic Grey); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); brown alphas (Fancy Pants); gold phrase bit (Chic Tags); "noted:" journaling card (MME); doily (Hobby Lobby); striped tag (Webster's Pages)

13 comments:

Missy Whidden said...

Wow, Jinny, this is beautiful! I love that you always scrap your photos in color, and your papers and embellishments always match perfectly. Your photos always pop right off the page, and your color choices do a fabulous job of showcasing them! I love all the flowers on this, and I love that you made a 2-page spread...it's gorgeous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the photos and the flowers!!

Laura said...

So gorgeous, love this bold colour combo, and your great title! So glad you played along at ScrapMuch?! PS I linked you up!

Lisa said...

PRETTY PRETTY Jinny!! I can't believe how much Ezekiel an Adina have grown this past year!! Bet your floors are squeaky clean by now, enjoy the rest of your weekend ;)

Tracy said...

Wow! There's so much to look at. Love those funny faces Adina is making. I can't even imagine how long this took you to put together. Gorgeous! Hugs!

Sandy Ross said...

Your layout is just stunning, the colours, the photos, embellishing....everything is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapMuch?

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome double page layout Jinny! I love the mix of patterned papers in the background, and the feather cluster looks great!!

Danie Ramirez said...

Stunning layout!!! Sweet photos and luv your layers. Great take on the sketch
Thank you for playing along at ScrapMuch?

Miriam Prantner said...

I love this Anne quote! What a wonderful layout too! I love that there's a picture of you in there too!

Annette Allen said...

wow what a great layout..LOVE all the photos.. so sweet

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wonderful page Jinny. You all look great! Love the bright and happy colors... those flowers are so pretty... the wood veneer feathers look awesome.

Rebecca Daly said...

Wonderful page Jinny, love these colours together and how your flowers pop. Great quote and use of different alphas. Thanks for playing along at ScrapMuch?

Barbara Greenberg said...

Love the papers you used on these pages and all the great embellies.
Thanks for joining us at Scrap Much?!