Friday Faves

Friday, November 28, 2014

Happy Black Friday, friends!  It's so funny, but this day stirs up so much angst inside of me.  I HATE in-store shopping, so there's no way you'll catch me running out the front door for any sales, but I am hoping to take advantage of a few online specials.  We'll see.  I haven't had a lot of luck lately with online shopping.  I'll check out of the store fine, but then, two days later I'll get a note saying their inventory ran out and my order was cancelled.  Oh, well.  I guess those purchases just weren't meant to be no matter how excited I was to get five white, chunky knit, Christmas stockings from Pottery Barn, like the ones I featured back here, for WAY LESS than half their original sale price.  I haven't been able to find anything similar anywhere else, so I guess my hubby and I will share a stocking this year, and I'll keep looking.  Anyhow, I'm not sure how I got to this point.  LOL!  But I wanted to start this month's lineup with Carta Bella's Warm & Cozy 12x12 Collection Kit.  It puts a big smile on this nature-loving girl's face with all the woodgrain and natural elements.  Plus, you simply can't go wrong with a red and blue color scheme, folks.
I know it's still November, but etsy shops have been pumping their Christmas goodies for months now.  Well, in one of my searches way back in August, I came across For the Cross Jewelry's Christmas Necklace and had to save it to share with you all.  Can you hear my oohs and aahs?  I mean, look at it.  It's simply gorgeous!
Love these Upcycled Mason Jar Hive Pendant Lights, from Boots N Gus, to bits and pieces!  I have no idea where they'd fit in around my home now, but some day, I'll have the perfect spot for such ;).
Many of you may already know, but Jenni Bowlin is officially canceling the scrapbook themed kits on her website after next month's release.  In my short time here in blogland, I've seen a ridiculous amount of papercraft companies come and go and change, sometimes for the better, and sometimes for the worse.  So, believe it or not, the announcement didn't surprise me in the least; but that doesn't mean, for a single minute, that I won't miss them terribly.  I've been getting my own JBS Papercraft Kit now for just one month short of four-and-a-half years.  To say that I love them would be a supreme understatement.  What am I going to do?!  I love getting a little taste of what's new out there and am on the hunt for another club.  Citrus Twist Kits' November 2014 "Get Cozy" Main Kit has caught my eye...
along with Scraptastic Club's November 2014 This Life Noted Kit.
If money were no option, I'd be all over Noel Mignon's kits.  From glitter to cork bits and pattern to color, her Maple Creek Classic Kit simply oozes everything good about fall.  Plus, I know that I'd never be short on inspiration with all the amazing goodies packed in those packages.
I know that's a short lineup, and with Christmas being right around the corner, you'd think I'd have lots more to share, but that wraps things up for this month.  Before you run, I'd be thrilled if you'd share your favorite kit with me below.  Thanks so much for peeking in, and have a truly blessed weekend!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

NO crazy black Friday madness for me either!! I hope you find your stockings, but sharing is good too ;) Thanks so very much for the extra sweet card you sent, loved it! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

We don't do Black Friday either! But today we will be out for Small Business Saturday! I was saddened to hear about JBS -- but the past two times I was at CHA, she wasn't there ... so it wasn't really a shock to me either .... I love all the different kit clubs out there ... but Noel Mignon's are so FULL of goodness!!!

Leslie Germain said...

I am not a black Friday store person either! Don't like crowds!! So many amazing scrapping supplies out there! And yes, always changes in the industry!!