Tutu Cupcake Toppers

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Morning, y'all!  I cannot believe that the week is almost over, and I still haven't shared pics of Adina's birthday last Saturday.  I just can't keep up anymore.  Well, they're on their way; but to hold you over until then, I have a little something different, but still birthday related, to share today.  Adina asked for ballerinas on her birthday cupcakes this year.  I think she had more of a frosting thing in mind, but, well, paper is kind of my thing ;).  So, I came up with these, and she was just as happy as could be.  Plus, they last longer this way.  Right?!
I made the leotard with my Cameo and from a My Mind's Eye paper.  It folds in half to create a pocket for the toothpick.  I then cut two 10" lengths of crepe paper, layered them one on top of the other, and used my machine to sew a loose stitch down their combined center.  I then gathered the papers, tied the thread ends around the waist of the leotard, and fluffed the layers.
A little, pink bow finishes off the back.  My inspiration came from That Cute Little Cake and ink. paper. love.
 Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a blessed day, friends!

10 comments:

Missy Whidden said...

Oh my gosh, Jinny! That is TOO CUTE! I love it so much...it's so creative. That crepe paper tutu is perfection!

Lynn said...

Jimmy, seriously these are so adorable! Oh to have a girl!

Lisa said...

How CUTE is this!!! I love the crepe paper tutu Jinny, so SWEET!!!

Jennifer said...

Those are absolutely adorable! What a special little girl with an amazing mom!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!!!! Toooooooooooo cute!! PINNING!!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

These are totally adorable! LOVE the tutu!!!

Tracy said...

This couldn't be any cuter. Precious! :-)

~amy~ said...

Jinny, ABSOLUTELY adorable!

Ros Crawford said...

Yikes these are gorgeous!!

Maria said...

So very adorable and sweet! How precious to do this for your darling girl! Happy Birthday to Adina!:-)