Holiday Snapshots

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Hello again!  I promised Christmas pics, and I'm here to deliver.  When we got home from our church's Christmas Eve service, my kiddos had Christmas pajamas to unwrap.
Kaden was more interested in the wrapping paper...
and wasn't cooperating for photos by the time everyone was ready for bed.  This photo tells it all.
We spent the day making last minute preparations for Christmas itself, including baking Jesus' birthday cake.  As per my hubby's request, it was a Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake; but having not used a new springform pan before, it ended up in the bottom of the oven.  It was difficult enough to find time to get it made.  Then, to have this happen.  Sigh.  There wasn't time to dwell on it.  I gave myself a minute to cry and moved on to the rest of my list.
My big kiddos woke early Christmas morning, but they patiently waited for Kaden to get his breakfast and be in the mood for gifts.  It gave my hubby time to read us the Christmas story, too.  Then, we dove into stockings and gifts.
It seems like the whole day was over before it even started.  The rest of us had a late breakfast, of bacon and Cinnamon Raisin Bread Custard, topped with raspberries, after Kaden laid down for his morning nap and ate an amazing turkey dinner, with all the trimmings, later in the day.  My hubby spent some time putting together that basketball goal pictured above.  It was a really beautiful day weather-wise.  We watched a movie from Ezekiel's Christmas stocking, found places to put all the kiddos' new goodies, and just played inside and out.
We went to my parents' place the day after Christmas to start things all over again with them and my sisters and brother and their spouses and children.
It's been kind of a crazy year for my family, and my time is definitely no longer my own.  I know it's all just temporary, and when I do get it back, I'm going to wish I could turn back time.  So, I went with the flow and decided not to spend the normal hours and hours and hours hand-making gifts this year.  We got all the cousins t-shirts to proudly wear to a game this summer.
Despite the fact that I'm not in any of the pictures above, I really was there.  LOL!  This is about how we all felt by the end of the stretch.
It was such a busy, but blessed, time.  Thanks for stopping by!  I hope your Christmas was extra special and that you have a safe and memorable New Year!  Hugs!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Love seeing all of the happy faces Jinny! OH NO about your cheesecake, that stinks :(

Charlene said...

Wonderful happy faces and looks like alot of fun!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great photos! So sorry about the cheesecake, but it looks like you guys had an amazing Christmas despite!

Ros Crawford said...

So lovely to see your photos ... I'm so glad you all had a wonderful Christmas ... I can see the children certainly did! Wishing you a new year filled with happiness and love

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Brookie has those "Always Dream More" PJ's too!!!!!! LOVING those photos!!!! Looks like a wonderful holiday!!!!!!

Tracy said...

The kids look so happy. Love Adina's red and green toe nails. hee hee Here's to a brand new year of adventures! Hugs!

Ashley Horton said...

So glad you had a great Christmas Jinny! And don't feel bad about the cake. We always do balloons with cards drawn by the kids, to send to Jesus and this year we only had one balloon and the cards were too heavy for the poor one balloon! HA! And I'm not in any photos from Christmas Day either!! :)

Larissa Heskett said...

YEAH!! SO HAPPY you had such a BEAUTIFUL and BLESSED Christmas!! ;) I LOVE how HAPPY the kiddos FACES are while opening/receiving their gifts!! ;) Little Kaden is GROWING Up so FAST!! I just LOVE his hair!! ;) I can't even imagine how crushed you were about your Cheesecake for Jesus Birthday, just something to think about with using Springform Pans, I have found that I need to place a cookies sheet with edges underneath mine ALWAYS!! (I place it on the bottom rake underneath my SpringForm Pan that is on the rack above) hope that makes sense!!?? Sometimes it's GREAT, but more than not it seems to spill over!! So having the cookie sheet SAVES my Oven, plus once it has spilled over I can just remove the Cookie sheet so it doesn't burn and then let it finish cooking and everything turns out just fine!! I hope this tip helps you some and I hope you guys have a FABULOUS New Year's Week/Weekend!! HUGS Sweet Jinny!! ;)

Annette Allen said...

aww what a fabulous post.. that oven did not look fun to clean.. :) thanks for sharing.. Looks like it was a wonderful Christmas.. Happy New Year..