House of Cards & Paper Sweeties Blog Hop

Monday, December 1, 2014

Note:  This is my fourth post in the last 24 hours.  I'd be beyond thrilled if you'd scroll down and check out all the fun!

Hi, friends!  I'm super excited to be here sharing a fun, little number for the House of Cards and Paper Sweeties Blog Hop!  You should be coming here from Debbie Marcinkiewicz's blog, but if you got lost along the way or simply want to start at the beginning, there is a complete list of participants below.  So, I've tied five stamp sets and one die into my design today.  Yes, I said five!  I promise that it wasn't my goal to see how many different stamp sets I could use, but each of the five images below come from a different set.  Don't you just love how Debbie's images work together so flawlessly?!
I started this card by white-embossing a piece of aqua, triangle, patterned paper with a trio of snowflakes; framing it with White cardstock, as well as white-threaded, straight, machine stitches; and adhering it, to the Kraft, cardstock, card face, with foam tape.
I then stamped the bottom center of a hand-cut, from White cardstock, tag, in Jet Black ink, with the "Wishing You a MERRY Christmas" sentiment and bird, which I colored with pencils.  After dry-embossing it with the polka dot background, I adhered it, with foam tape, in the center of the card face and topped it with a White, cardstock, tree die cut, which was stamped in Jet Black ink, colored with pencils, and glittered.
A length of white chord was laced through the tag and embellished with a double, white, seam binding ribbon bow, dressed up with a brown, polka dot bow, as well as a ivory button, laced with white chord, tied in a bow, and a snowflake charm.
Here's your inspiration photo to get you started.  One challenge winner will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Paper Sweeties Shoppe.  Woohoo!
Now, off you go to Larissa Heskett's blog to continue your hop.  Can't wait to see what you all cook up!  Have fun, and thanks so much for humoring me with a visit!  Hugs!

Char Cundy
Debbie Marcinkiewicz
Jinny Newlin (You're here!)
 
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Holly Days, Trim the Tree, Homemade With Love, Snow Friends, & Ho, Ho, Ho (Paper Sweeties) Paper: White & Kraft (Wplus9); gradient triangle (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: watermark (VersaMark); Jet Black (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); snowflake charm & white chord (Hobby Lobby); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); chocolate polka dot ribbon, polka dot embossing folder, & Dazzling Diamonds (SU!); Trim the Tree die (Paper Sweeties); Big Shot (Sizzix); white embossing powder (Ranger); button (The Ribbon Reel); pencils (Prismacolor); mineral spirits (Inky Antics)

29 comments:

Charlene said...

Gorgeous Jinny!!!

Lynn said...

Fabulous take on the inspiration photo Jinny. I love the touch of chocolate ribbon with the touch of blues. Gorgeous coloring too.

Jill Norwood said...

Jinny Your card is beautiful! I love the bows you create! So perfect to embellish the tag! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! I love love love the colors and that tree!!!!

Samra Leshinski said...

Oh my! This card is sooo heartwarming! I keep going back, looking at it and just ahhhhhhhhhhhhh-ing!

~amy~ said...

So pretty Jinny!

KimCreate said...

A beautiful layered Jinny card! I love it!

Lisa said...

Jinny this is so sweet! I love the little bird perched on the letter C and your pretty layered bow!

cghundley said...

Very pretty card
and I'm loving the
snowflake background
and the front panel!
Carla from Utah

Miriam Prantner said...

Just lovely! Love the stamping on the patterned paper and the beautiful blues and sparkle!

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous! Love the ice blue and especially love how you incorporated it on the tree!

Donna Nuce said...

Beautiful card and I love how you incorporated 5 different stamps into it. Have a great day and thanks for joining us at the House of Cards challenge blog!

Laura said...

Gorgeous!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

This is beautiful, Jinny!!!

Mynn xx said...

I totally adore this, Jinny! LOVE the way you made the focal panel a tag, and I LOVE the tree--I had the same idea! ;) Great minds, right?! Thanks for hopping with us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

~Tammy~ said...

So so cute! This is sweet as can be!

Maria said...

What a beauty, Jinny!

Larissa Heskett said...

OH WOWOWOWOWOWO!! Jinny I LOVE this!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE the way you did the Tree and the FUN Embossed Snowflake Paper Background!! Your Stitching and Bows ALWAYS just finish things off!! LOVE it!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Anya said...

Beautiful card!

Annette Allen said...

wow perfect take on the challenge.. that background is gorgeous and LOVE this color combo... love it

Ashley Horton said...

Totally gorgeous, Jinny!! Love it!

Ros Crawford said...

I adore your card Jinny ... beautiful colours and so very pretty!

Toni said...

Super fantastic card--the button bow is a really nice touch. and, of course, I love the colors! Hope to see you again soon at HOC!

Toni
HOC DC

Missy Whidden said...

This is stunning! I'm always amazed by your ribbon bows...they are always perfect! I love all the stamps you used here. Just beautiful!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Jinny and your coloring is FABULOUS!!

Monika/Buzsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Jinny. Love the blue hues and the stitched background. Sweet little bird.

cohenna said...

Beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at House Of Cards :)

Vannessa said...

This is just gorgeous and your colours fit the inspiration photo perfectly! Thank you for joining in the House of Cards Blog Hop Challenge this time.

Hugs, Vannessa
HOC DT