Paper Sweeties February Inspiraton Challenge #28 - Sweetheart

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Just filling in for Char over at Paper Sweeties this month, as she is in a lot of pain with pneumonia and preparing for emergency gall bladder surgery.  Poor thing!  Please stop by and leave her some love.  I know she'd appreciate it.  With that said, this month's challenge inspired me to create a trio of matching Valentines for my little ones.  And I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos.  Y'all, this was the best result of four different photo shoots, using morning and afternoon light.  Ugh!  This Cowboy Studio Lighting Kit is on my short list of must-haves, but until my budget can afford such luxuries, please bear with me.
I started these cards by cutting a trio of hearts from Real Red, Bashful Blue, and Pink Pirouette cardstocks with my Cameo (I just cut the squares, too, while I was there.  Super simple!); stamping them, in Jet Black, with the "Some Bunny Loves You" sentiment; and running them through my Big Shot with a polka dot, embossing folder.
Using the heart as a guide, I water colored the White, cardstock, card face, with Spun Sugar and Barn Door Distress Inks, in the heart opening.  While that was drying, I backed the hearts with sheets of clear cardstock and framed the backside of them with foam tape.  Before being adhered to the card faces, they were stuffed with lots of Robin Egg and Sweet{heart} Mix sequins, as well as a few silver seed beads I had on hand.  The hearts themselves were then topped with Blueberry, Bubblegum, and Frosting seam binding ribbons, respectively, as well as lengths of white lace,  gingham ribbon bows, Peppermint Baker's Twine bows, and pearls.
The bunnies were then stamped, in Jet Black ink, on White cardstock; colored in with pencils and mineral spirits; and adhered, in their present positions, with foam tape.
Here's one more look at all three.
And here's your February Inspiration Challenge #28 to get you started.  Can't wait to see how you all are inspired!
That's all, for now, folks!  I'll be back with the Paper Sweeties team mid-month to help showcase the February new releases.  Between now and then, I'd love to have to stop by again to say hi.  Thanks so much for humbling me with a visit today!  Please be sure to stop by the Design Team's blogs to leave them some love, before you're off to having an extra blessed Sunday!  Hugs!

Annette Witherspoon
Debbie Marcinkiewicz
Jill Norwood
Jinny Newlin * special Guest Designer* (You're here!)
Julie Tucker-Wolek
February Guest Designer:  Sierra Winters
 
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Hippity Hoppity (Paper Sweeties) Paper: White (Wplus9); Real Red, Pink Pirouette, & Bashful Blue (SU!); clear (PTI) Ink: Jet Black, Barn Door, & Spun Sugar (Ranger) Other: Sweet{heart} & Robin Egg Blue sequins, Peppermint Baker's Twine, & Frosting, Bubblegum, & Blueberry seam binding ribbon (Paper Sweeties); polka dot embossing folder (SU!); Cameo (Silhouette); seed beads  & gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby); pearls (Paper Studio); colored pencils (Prismacolor); mineral spirits (Inky Antics); lace (May Arts)

19 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

This is just precious! Love your sweet shakers! Awesome job as always Jinny!

Mynn xx said...

EEK! These are TOTALLY darling!!! LOVE the use of this set--genius! Super sweet! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Jill Norwood said...

These are so sweet! Love the shakers with all those pretty sequins! Adorable set of cards!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! These are just ADORABLE!!! I love love love those bunnies and the sequins!!!!!

artful-notions said...

So cute Jinny! Love all the sequins inside, and the bunny is the perfect accent!

~amy~ said...

a-dorable!

Sandy Ross said...

These are just so darned cute! Thanks for the inspiration!

Maria said...

Adorable shaker cards with the bunnies! So very CUTE and beautiful!:-)

Leslie Germain said...

How sweet!! LOVE those bunnies!! Always amazing creations!!!

Annette Allen said...

oh my word these are SO CUTE..

Kara Lynne said...

Everything you do, you do with such delightful details! These are so sweet! Yes, I would love to have lighting too...sometime...

Tracy said...

These are absolutely precious. Love your windows full of sparklies. Hugs!

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Awwww, those shaker Valentines are adorable. Love the little bunny!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness Jinny!!! There is some SERIOUS cuteness going on here, love these!!

Donna K said...

I think your photos are darling...what cute little shakers you have created! Love those precious bunnies!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Totally adorable! I love the shaker contents and the gorgeous bow, and of course the little bunny!

Ros Crawford said...

Nobody could have stood in for Char better than you! These are adorable!!

Larissa Heskett said...

Super sweet !!! Totally in LOVE with these!! What FUN YUMMIES these are going to be to give away!! Thanks for sharing, and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)
THANKS ALSO for the SWEET comments you have left on my Blog!! ;) It means ALOT!! ;)

Debbie said...

Oh ... my ... gosh!!! These are CUTE AS CAN BE! Jinny -- you are one talented lady! I'm SMITTEN :)