Sending Worm Wishes on Your Bug Day!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

I'm back to share the card I made for my nephew's 11th birthday.  Boy cards challenge me to no end, but I'm so pleased with the way this one turned out.
I started this card by trimming the left side of a piece of multicolored, chevron, patterned paper with a strip of woodgrain, patterned paper, which had been stamped, in Jet Black ink, with a row of ants.  The ants were later glittered.  I then framed the prepped piece with both Tangerine Tango cardstock and black-threaded, straight and zig-zag, machine stitches, before wrapping it with a length of mint Baker's Twine, tied in a bow, and adhering it, with foam tape, to the Kraft, cardstock, card face.
 I then tucked a jar sticker and bit of cheesecloth behind a white envelope...
which was stapled with a black label and stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the "sending worm wishes on your bug day!" sentiment and, in Tangerine Tango ink, with the bug.  I used a black pen to add the antenna and eyes and secured it, in the center of the card face, with foam tape, before stuffing it with a Freddy's gift card.  It's not what I would've wanted as a kid, but that's what my sister said he did.  So, I obliged.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Bugs & Kisses (SU!) Paper: Tangerine Tango (SU!); Kraft (Wplus9); woodgrain (Webster's Pages); multicolored chevron (Fancy Pants) Ink: Tangerine Tango (SU!); Jet Black (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); glitter (American Crafts); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); twine (AR Designs); cheesecloth (Dritz); jar sticker (Me & My Big Ideas); black label (Jenni Bowlin); staples & stapler (office supply store); envelope (Paper Studio)

13 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this card, Jinny! What a fabulous cluster of detail! LOVE the black stitching-- clever to use zigzag and straight-- and that twine--- OH MY! And the bitty bag... and the worm! ACK! I just love it all:)

FUN x100000000! YOU ROCK!

Hope you are doing well!! THANKS for making my day with your sweet comment <3 TONS of love, Sav

Lynn said...

Ahhh...this is so fun Jinny! Love, love, love those silver bugs!

Charlene said...

What an adorable card jinny!! Love!!

KimCreate said...

SUPER boy card. They stump me too!

Kara Lynne said...

Now that's a boy card! Those bugs down the side are great, as are all your masculine details.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this is soooooooooo cute! I love love love love that worm and the colors!!!!!

Lisa said...

I like the cute wooly worm and I think your nephew will too! This is perfect for a boy. Head over to the PPP blog there are BIG give-a-ways going on for the next 3 days!!

Ashley Horton said...

Totally adorable card, Jinny!! I love everything about this one!! :)

yyam said...

Really cool card. That stitching looks amazing!

Hope 2015 has been good to you! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Darling card Jinny. Love the sweet worm. The jar looks great in the background along with the cheese cloth... the stitching is amazing!

Ros Crawford said...

This is just perfect for the occasion!! Love the attention to detail and I'm sure your nephew will be so appreciative

Tracy said...

You aced this one sister! That fuzzy worm and the ants---too fun. Looks totally boy to me. :-)

Leslie Germain said...

LOVE this card!! That sentiment and worm are darling!!!