Kaden's Birthday

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Well, hello there, friends!  I so didn't mean to be away from here for so long.  I've been busy running my kiddos to their many activities, getting ready to share a load of new projects here on my blog, and battling some health issues.  I don't think it's anything to worry about, but I'll be super happy... and relieved... when I get some answers.  Anyway, I wanted to share a few pics from Kaden's birthday celebrations from a couple of weekends back and thought a pic of the whole crew, my parents, brother and his wife, sisters and their kiddos, and of course, my own family, would be a good place to start.
I put together a little party at my mom and dad's that included this sweet, little bear.  Boy, was he a booger to bake!  Fortunately, the icing was a breeze.
I added a little cupcake to the whole setup for the birthday boy...
and he enjoyed it thoroughly.
Although, we did figure out by the real day that he prefers to have his food in bite-size pieces.  So funny!  Adina would just put that cupcake to her mouth and chomp without ever removing it from her lips.  Kaden just got his fifth and sixth teeth, though.  So, he really doesn't have much with which to chomp and has a strong gag reflex, so we've been making sure everything we give him is super small or dissolves easily.
The night included a balloon bouquet that has gotten hours of monitored play since then...
as well as a boat load of presents...
including a sweet quilt handmade by my sister-in-law...
and a beautiful dresser made by my dad.
I honestly do not know if my family even reads my little blog, but I so appreciate them giving of their time to share in my baby bear's special day.  Thank you, family!  I'll be back late tonight with the beginning of a series of spring-inspired projects for Paper Sweeties' February Release.  Until then, thanks so much for peeking in, and have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Maria said...

Oh, my! Love all the family pics, Jinny! Kaden's birthday celebration looked like a big hit! The bear cake you made is so CUTE!!! And, the dresser your Dad made is fabulous...what a great Dad/Grandpa...awesome!:-)

Lisa said...

Looks like a wonderful family day Jinny!! Your dad does beautiful work, what a treasure Kaden's dresser is!! Your teddy bear cake was adorable ;)

Miriam Prantner said...

What wonderful pics, he is so sweet! That bear cake looks amazing and wow! Your dad is quite a craftsman!

Leslie Germain said...

Amazing pictures!! Love all the great gifts! That worm/caterpillar is so fun. And the quilt and dresser are so special!! He is gorgeous!! Hope everything is ok with you!! Will keep you in my prayers!!!

Charlene said...

WOW Kaden is as cute as can be Jinny!!! I love all the pictures!! Your dad did a great job with the dresser!!!!

Annette Allen said...

he is so cute.. looks like a great birthday.. thanks for sharing.. that little bear cake is perfect..

Kara Lynne said...

What a beautiful family and a happy little boy! I loved your bear cake! Amazing craftsmanship runs in your family!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a wonderful party! LOVING all the photos and that dresser your Dad made is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

What a celebration! Love the bear cake and your dad did an amazing job on the dresser. Homemade furniture is the best. :-) Hugs!

Linda R said...

Well it looks like he had a perfect 1st Birthday party. He is so cute. I just love is curly hair. I still am in shock that he is already a year old. Man time goes by way to fast.

Hugs~