Party Like a 'Boss!

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Morning, y'all!  Well, we got another inch or two of the pretty white stuff, and it all fell during daylight hours, so we got to enjoy it that much more.  It cleared by the time everyone was coming home from work and school, too, so it wasn't near as bad as our weather people were making it out to be.  It did leave super cold temperatures behind, but even they aren't supposed to stick around for long.  You just never know what you're going to get in Kansas.

We were supposed to have Kaden's one-year pictures taken this afternoon, but he woke up with a terrible teething rash around his mouth.  He's also still pretty irritable from his vaccinations.  Sigh.  It's so hard to plan with little ones.  Fortunately, I can share a creation, with you all, regardless of the rest of the day's circumstances.  These guy cards give me such anxiety, but I garnered a bit of inspiration on a recent shopping trip and am super happy with the outcome.  I may just conquer the art of making cards for men after all.  Tee hee!
I started this card by trimming the right side of a piece of ivory, text, patterned paper with a strip of black, chevron, patterned paper; framing it with Black cardstock; overlaying it with a sheet of polka dot vellum; and securing all layers together with gold-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  I then stamped the bottom center, in Jet Black ink, with the "IT'S YOUR DAY, party like a 'boss!" sentiment and topped it with a die-cut, from gold cardstock, "hello", before adhering it, with foam tape, to the Oatmeal, cardstock, card face.
The deer (a Silhouette Design Store freebie from awhile back) was cut, with my Cameo, from Black cardstock.  I then gold-embossed the tips of its antlers, entangled it with a bit of extra gold thread, and adhered it, with foam tape, in the center of the card face, just above the sentiment.
My inspiration came from Hobby Lobby's Deer on Newspaper Framed Wall Art.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I just got my critter down for his morning nap and have about a million things that need to get accomplished, including taking a shower.  So, I'd better be off to it.  Have a blessed day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Strictly Sentiments 1 (Wplus9) Paper: Oatmeal & Black (Wplus9); gold (Bazzill); black chevron (Jenni Bowlin); ivory text & polka dot vellum (SU!) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: gold thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); deer cut file & Cameo (Silhouette); gold embossing powder (Ranger); Hand Lettered Hello die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix)

16 comments:

Charlene said...

I cant wrap my head around 1 year old! Are you kidding me? Kaden was just born :-)

You did an awesome job on this masculine card Jinny! I love the gold on the horns!

Annette Allen said...

very cool card.. love how you added the gold to the horns..

Miriam Prantner said...

Sorry that the schedule keeps going awry, it's hard to be scheduled when you have kids that don't cooperate! I do love this card though, loving all the gold touches, especially the antlers!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Jinny. Love the stag die-cut with the touch of gold. The text background is awesome. Hope your sweet little one will feel better. Teething is a serious business!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING that deer! I hope he feels better soon!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I think you've more than conquered masculine cards ... This is wonderful ... I love the touches of gold ... Hope the little fella feels better soon!

Kara Lynne said...

Very manly and fun card! The gold embossed antlers are the "unexpected" and all the gold details are wonderful!

Lisa said...

I don't think you have a problem at all with masculine cards...this is fantastic Jinny!!! Love all of the gold, just a terrific card. Poor little Kaden, hope he feels better soon ;)

Maria said...

You did a fab job with this masculine card, Jinny! Love the antlers dipped in gold and the polka dot vellum paper! I hope Kaden feels better soon! Have a great weekend!:-)

alexandra s.m. said...

Sorry about the lack of schedule, that can be frustrating at times but you never loose your mojo! and that card is absolutely fabulous!!

~amy~ said...

I LOVE your gorgeous card!

Linda R said...

This looks wonderful.. I LOVE the embossing you done here.

Hugs~

Angi Barrs said...

Super gorgeous! I love the gold!

Ashley Horton said...

Your masculine cards always look awesome Jinny! I love the polka dot vellum layered over the patterned papers!

Tracy said...

Mr. Deer is stylin' with his gold dipped horns. Nothing wrong with this masculine design. Love that dotty vellum. Hugs!

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous card, Jinny!! I just love your use of gold (which is my fave right now)!!!!