For the Love of Books

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Welcome to the weekend, y'all!  Ours began last night, as my big kiddo had a dodgeball tournament at church, and my hubby used the opportunity to take Adina out on a dessert date, which gave me a tiny bit of one-on-one time with Kaden before his bedtime.  Then, I was left to my own devices, which led me to an evening of scrapping.  Yay!  Talk about a great way to start the weekend!  I get so little time to just play anymore.

This afternoon, Ezekiel and I are going to see Cinderella.  He promised to take me to see Paddington for my birthday, but we were just never able to work it in before it left our theatre.  My hubby says that there are other theatres that still have it, but they're farther away from home, and Ezekiel has already been to see it with he and Adina anyway.  So, we'll make the swap, save Paddington for a Redbox family movie night, and give my hubby some time of his own while the littles are resting.  I just love a weekend filled with nothing but exactly what we want to do.  It's been too long.

Anyway, I've got a sweet, Easter book, written for children ages three to seven, to share, with you all, this month.  So, let's get right to it.
God Gave Us Easter, written by Lisa Tawn Bergren and illustrated by Laura J. Bryant, is a simple but precious explanation, from a Papa polar bear to his Little Cub, of how God gave us Easter to keep us close to Him.  Papa uses both an Easter egg and a dead tree, lying on the forest floor, to explain that out of death, comes new life with both the life of the baby chick from the broken egg and growing up of baby seedlings from the dead tree's seeds.  In the same way, the empty tomb reminds us that Jesus didn't stay dead and desires for us to share His promise of everlasting life to all those who will listen and believe in Him.

This book is one more perfect addition to the author's God Gave Us... series.  I just love that her story progressions not only follow that of a typical child's thought process, as Little Cub picks up one thing her Papa says and runs to a completely different subject to question about, but also take inspiration from the beautifully portrayed Arctic world around them.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I love to hear how you all are finding and loving my selections and sometimes even have your own history with them to share.  Thank you for doing just that!  Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hope you make it to the movie!! This books sounds good!!!

Lisa said...

This looks like one I need to get for Penelope! How was the movie?

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Ooooh this looks like a blessing - thanks for sharing!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE this Book!! Have you heard of the Book God Gave Us You!!?? This is another one that I just LOVE!! Adam's Mom gave it to us as a Gift when we had Beckett and it was ALWAYS a FAVORITE!! Greyson is beginning to LOVE it too!! If you haven't here is a link: http://www.christianbook.com/god-gave-us-you/lisa-bergren/9781578563234/pd/63234
IT'S Written by the same Author!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)