Stuck?! March 15th Sketch

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Morning, friends!  I know it's been awhile.  I've been seriously under the weather, like running a fever and bedridden since last Tuesday.  I don't remember the last time I felt this ill.  Ugh!  I hate being sick!  So, I thoroughly apologize for my lack of visits on top of things being so quiet around here.  I'm hoping to be back to even a fraction of myself later this week.  Fortunately, I had my take on Stuck?! Sketches' mid-month sketch put together before I was down for the count and am here to share it with you all today.
I started this page by painting Skintone and Ballet Pink, acrylic paints, as well as a mixture of the two, onto the notebook, patterned, paper, base page, in vertical stripes.  I then used a chevron stencil to apply a bit of modeling paste over them in the same vertical motion, before sprinkling my page with a little gold Color Shine and machine stitching a gold-threaded, straight, machine-stitch circle to help frame my photos, which were matted with Whisper White cardstock.  A couple torn strips of patterned paper, as well as a bit of scalloped ribbon and Washi, were tucked under my photos before they were secured in place.  I then topped the design with my "EASTER" title, which was created with foil, chipboard Thickers and overlaid with a hand-cut, from patterned paper, "BLESSED" ticket.
A number of stamped, in Tattered Rose and Pool Party inks, on White cardstock, as well as a few gold-embossed, on vellum, blooms, all of which were hand cut out, were clustered in the top right...
 and bottom left corners over bits of tangled gold thread.
 
"#FAMILY" and "the best thing that has ever happened to me" die cut phrases, as well as a glittered, "XOXO" banner and stamped, in Jet Black ink, "I adore you" sentiment complete the bottom corner...
and a couple additional hand-cut, from patterned paper, tickets round out the top.
A sprinkling of colorful sequins; trio of hand-cut, from patterned paper, hearts, which I topped with glitter; couple of heart brads; and a "love" flair button complete the look.
 Further inspiration for this page came from Sassy Scrappers' March Mood Board...
and Scrap Our Stash's Challenge #24 (S = stamping, stencil, stitching, sequins; T = thread, torn edges, tickets; E = embossing; N = nine stamped blooms, notebook paper; C = chevrons, circles, Color Shine; I = ink; L = "love" flair button, leaves, Liquitex modeling paste).
And here is your March 15th Sketch, which I rotated 90 degrees to the left, to get you started.
Our sponsors for this sketch, with a $25 credit and some fabulous new goodies, are...
Please be sure to stop by the challenge link above to get all your challenge details, as well as to see how the rest of the team was inspired.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9); "I adore you" (Jen Hadfield) Paper: Whisper White (SU!); White (Wplus9); hearts & notebook (Simple Stories); dotted (Jen Hadfield); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Pool Party (SU!); Tattered Rose & Jet Black (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn); watermark (VersaMark) Other: gold thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); sequins, flair button, Washi, & "the best thing that has ever happened to me" & "#FAMILY" phrase die cuts (MME); tickets, brads, & hearts (Simple Stories); modeling paste (Liquitex); chevron stencil (Jenni Bowlin); foil chipboard Thickers (American Crafts); scalloped ribbon (May Arts); Dazzling Diamonds (SU!); gold embossing powder (Ranger); "XOXO" glitter banner & gold Color Shine (Heidi Swapp); Ballet Pink & Skintone acrylic paint (FolkArt)

25 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the photos, the colors and all the flowers!! Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Aww! I'm so sorry to hear that you are unwell ... I do hope you feel better real soon. It certainly hasn't affected your amazing talent ... another stunning page for your album Jinny.

Lisa said...

Sending get well wishes and prayers your way Jinny! This is a beautiful page, love the colors and of course those cute kiddos of yours!

Kara Lynne said...

I hope you are feeling better, these things seem to be taking their time this year! Your page is wonderful! The kids are just as cute as can be! I love the concept of your page and the banners and flowers.

Leslie Germain said...

Fabulous page, Jinny! Love the colors and flowers. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Feel better soon!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! I love those vellum/embossed flowers. Hope you are feeling better!

Maria said...

Beautiful layout! Love the color and the gorgeous flowers! And, of course, fab photos of the kids! Hope you feel better very soon!:-)

Annette Allen said...

what a sweet layout.. your kids are growing so fast.. sweet family

Sandy Ross said...

So sorry you have been under the weather....hope you feel better soon. I just love your layout...it is just beautiful!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Fab layout Jinny! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Nicole Doiron said...

I absolutely love your layout! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

Laura said...

Perfection on a page, just so super happy! Hope you are enjoying your Spring break, our has gotten off to a good start!

Linda R said...

Oh no.. I do hope you are feeling better by now. It's no fun being sick that's for sure. Your page looks beautiful. And what an adorable photo..

Hugs~

Steffanie said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love everything you did here, especially the vellum blooms. Thanks for linking up at Scrap Our Stash!!

Joefil said...

Beautiful page as always Jinny! love all the details! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash :)

Tracy said...

Amazing! The paint, stenciling and your fabulous stitching are so creative and fun. Hope you are feeling lots better. :-)

Anita B said...

Absolutely beautiful,loving all the colour tones..thanks for joining us at sassy scrapper..xx

♥ Lynn said...

Gorgeous! Your layouts never cease to amaze me! So many lovely details surrounded by your lovely children. Thanks for using your stash with us at Scrap Our Stash.

Kimberly Kett said...

GORGEOUS! I love how springy it makes you feel :)

Larissa Heskett said...

Sending HUGS!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this BEAUTIFUL Design!! The Vellum Line Flowers in Gold are an AWESOME touch!! LOVE that SWEET Photo too!! OMG your Kiddos are TOO SWEET!! =) THANKS for sharing and hope you're feeling better!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

TantiK Creation said...

Such a beautiful page Jinny. Really love your design. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

Leanne said...

this is beautiful! thanks for playing along with us at Sassy..x

Claire R said...

wow beautiful layout! Great choice of STENCIL embellies, love that you have 2 or 3 for each letter. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Another pretty page. Love the bright colors. Perfect for Easter. The vellum flowers are gorgeous.

Chantalle said...

I'm sure you are fit as a fiddle by now. I went in search of those stamps... such a beautiful page. I have pored over all the details!