The Best Is Yet to Come

Monday, March 30, 2015

Welcome to the work week, y'all!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Our little guy ended up not feeling so hot, so he and my hubby and/or I had to stay close to home for most of it.  I did get him out for a walk around the neighborhood, just to get some fresh air, yesterday evening, while the big kids were at Awana.  Oh, and Ezekiel and I finally got to the movies.  Woohoo!  Cinderella was predictable, but only because there have been so many of them told and retold again; but that doesn't mean it wasn't good.  It just wasn't wow.  Although, that doesn't speak to the costuming and set design in the least.  They get a huge thumbs up from me!  And I really liked that it told more of Cinderella's life with her mother and father than most Cinderella stories tell.

Anyway, I'm just popping in to share a recent card creation of mine.  It's off in the mail today to the friend I spoke of in yesterday's The Studio Pinterest Challenge post.  I'm hoping it's not too boy in nature, as they've chosen to be surprised as to the gender of their new little one, and I was just trying to go for baby.  Of course, I had to pull out my all-time favorite baby stamp set, Baby Basics, which, unfortunately, is no longer available from Market Street Stamps.  I probably should get rid of a few older sets, so I can update my stash a bit, but I'd never be able to part with this one.
I started this card by smudging, from top to bottom, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Faded Jeans Distress Inks onto a piece of White cardstock.  I then smeared modeling paste, through a star stencil, over that and coated it with glitter.  Once it was dry, it was anchored to the Kraft, cardstock, card face with black-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  The striped frame was then stamped, in second-generation, Daffodil Delight ink, on a die-cut, White, cardstock frame and secured around the edges of another die-cut, White, cardstock rectangle, which was stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the "THE Best IS YET TO COME" sentiment.
Before securing the frame, with foam tape, to the card face, I wrapped the card itself with a length of white, seam binding ribbon, tied, in a double bow, near the left edge of the card face and embellished with a bit of white chord, tied in a bow, as well as a yellow enamel dot.
The top center of the frame was then filled in with a cluster of goodies including a tangle of black thread; die-cut, vellum cloud; stamped, in Jet Black ink, boat, which was colored with pencils and hand-cut out; wood veneer cloud; and a turquoise button, laced with white string.  A handful of Sparkling Clear sequins complete the look.
I'm linking this one up, just in the nick of time, with City Crafter Challenge Blog's Week 254: Go Ombre.
Thanks so much for stopping in!  I'm off to get some lunch ready for everyone.  Have an amazing week, friends!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: sentiment (Heidi Swapp); Baby Basics (Market Street Stamps); Bitty Buddy Valentines (Wplus9) Paper: White & Kraft (Wplus9); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Daffodil Delight (SU!); Jet Black, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, & Faded Jeans (Ranger) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); star stencil & veneer cloud (Jenni Bowlin); modeling paste (Liquitex); Dazzling Diamonds (SU!); Sparkling Clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); button (JoAnn Fabrics); white string & chord (Hobby Lobby); Rainbow & Cloud die (Lil' Inker); Clear Cut Stackers: Rounded Rectangles die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); enamel dot (MME)

20 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card!!

Samra Leshinski said...

What a stunning card!! Love everything about it! Thank you for joining CCCB this week!
Samra DT

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous card!!! LOVE the colors and I am sure your friend will cherish it!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Your smudged ombre background is fabulous, Jinny! This baby card is a gift in itself and I'm sure it will be treasured always!! Thank you for playing in the City Crafter challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Annette Allen said...

such a sweet card.. great designing..

KimCreate said...

Such a pretty card just your style!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hope he feels better soon! LOVING your card! LOVING the colors and the boat!!!

Lynn said...

Ahhh...hope your little man feels better quickly. Thank goodness for being able to get some fresh air! Love your card...especially the wood cloud.

Leanne said...

Just beautiful!

Lisa said...

So sorry little Kaden isn't feeling well. Hope he's better soon. Your card is darling Jinny, not too much baby boy at all. Little girls like boats too!

Ashley Horton said...

Love the cluster with the cute boat, button and wood veneer cloud, Jinny! And I totally agree with you on Cinderella!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific card!! I love everything about this! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

~amy~ said...

Jinny, I love this card!

Maria said...

Beautiful sweet baby card! Love the background with the stars! And, the little boat, cloud, and button are perfect! Hope Kaden feels better very soon!:-)

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet card. I love the sentiment and the bright colors, love the stenciling on the background and the paint too!

Stella said...

I have a place in my heart dor stars and blue :). Your card is brilliant and I love your design and take on our theme. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful card Jinny! Sorry your little one has been sick! No fun! Haven't made it to see Cinderella yet but hope to! :)

Laura said...

You are seriously talented, I just love cruising your blog!

Tracey McNeely said...

This card is absolute cuteness!