Easter Rewind

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Well, I've finally sorted through those Easter pics, y'all.  There weren't quite as many as I thought.  That's why I take lots and lots, because they don't all turn out as good as one would hope.  But I do have a few to share, beginning with one of all three of my kiddos, all decked out in their Easter best for our church's Saturday night service.
After a delicious dinner out and baths back at home, we snuggled in for our favorite rendition of the resurrection story, Benjamin's Box.  Then, on Easter Sunday, we enjoyed a scrumptious hot breakfast at home; and of course, my kiddos had Easter baskets to open.
Their buckets were filled mostly with things each of them needed clothes-wise.  Here Adina is showing off her new spring pajamas.
The buckets also included an age-appropriate toy, chocolate, and flip-flops for everyone.  We're SO READY for the pool to be open again!
Then, we were off to my Mom and Dad's to celebrate with them, as well as my sisters and their families.  While we waited for lunch, Adina convinced Daddy to read a couple of the books we got Grandpa and Grandma for their birthdays awhile back.  Kaden was enjoying them, too.
We also stuffed a few more Easter eggs for the big hunt...
which took place right after lunch dishes were cleaned up, despite the chilly temperatures and overcast skies.  Here they all (from left to right, Jenna, Deidra, Ezekiel, Hunter, Adina, and Grant) are ready for the go ahead.
After checking out their loot and warming up inside...
it was back out for a game of baseball with hard boiled eggs.  Yes, I had to get in there, too.  My nephew took some video, but it got the boot after clogging up my memory card.
And I don't think he needed it in the least, but a little chocolate for my littlest rounded out a full day of fun.
It was a super busy weekend with Ezekiel's first baseball game on Saturday morning, too (I'll save those pics for another time ;).), but we survived to tell the tale and are quickly recovering for the next go around.  Thanks so much for checking in on us!  Have a wonderful Wednesday, friends!

11 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

What wonderful photos!! Oh my that little boy is growing up so fast!! I love peeking into your world .. thanks so much for sharing!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! What FUN!! LOVE the Sweet Picture of ALL of them together!! =) It makes me so SAD we missed the FUN this year as Poor Little Greyson has been sick!! Darn Colds and Molars coming in anyway!! Adam took Beckett though so he wouldn't miss out on the FUN!! They had a BLAST with his cousins!! I just LOVE the PJ's the Colors and the FUN Design!! SO CUTE!! That closing Picture is TOO SWEET too and a GREAT Way to finish the Post!! LOVE IT!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Kara Lynne said...

It looks like a wonderful Easter for your family! Thanks for sharing. I love the idea of playing with the hard boiled eggs!

Lisa said...

Looks and sounds like a wonderful holiday weekend Jinny!! Love Kaden's curls and sweet chocolatey face!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such fun photos!!!! I love them!!!!!!!!

Leslie Germain said...

Fabulous pictures! Looks like lots of fun!! My kids got pj's too!! Love Adina's!! Where did you find those?

Maria said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful Easter weekend! Your children are adorable! Thank you for sharing the awesome photos!:-)

Ashley Horton said...

The kiddos look super cute in the Easter outfits, Jinny! So glad your family had a happy Easter)

Tracey McNeely said...

Jinny thank you for sharing a glimpse into your beautiful weekend with your beautiful family! xoxo

Sharon Fritchman said...

I loved seeing the wonderful photos and your amazing post, Jinny! It looks like you had a very blessed Easter - wishing you a very happy belated one, my friend!

Miriam Prantner said...

Looks like a wonderful Easter! (We fill our baskets with things they need too ;))