My Thoughts and Prayers Are With You

Monday, April 6, 2015

Welcome to the work week, y'all!  I have a ton of pictures from the Easter holiday weekend to share, but I haven't yet had the opportunity to sift through them all, as we got home late last night and started school again bright and early this morning.  I'll get right on that, just as soon as I leave you all here; but while you're waiting, I've got a card to share.  A relative of one of my hubby's co-workers passed away a couple of weekends ago.  So, we were in need of a sympathy card for my hubby to take with him to the funeral last Monday.  I really should make these ahead of time, because they're one of the most difficult kind of cards for me to make, but who wants to plan for such?  Really?  Anyway, I headed over to the Wplus9 Design Blog for some Throwback Thursday #2 inspiration.  Maureen inspired me to ink up the lacy label image, from Very Vintage Florals, in a cool tone and to not use any patterned paper.
I started this card by stamping the White, cardstock background, in Barely Banana ink, with the rustic sunshine background.  I then adhered it to a Pool Party, cardstock mat, as well as the White, cardstock, card face and anchored it with gold-threaded, straight, machine stitches.
A striped tag was then adhered near the right edge of the prepped piece and topped with both the stamped, in Jet Black ink, on White cardstock; pencil-colored; and hand-cut dogwood blooms and the sentiment frame.  The frame itself was stamped, in Pool Party ink, on a White, cardstock die cut and filled in with the stamped, in Jet Black ink, "My thoughts and prayers are with you." sentiment.
The butterfly was then gold-embossed on vellum and hand-cut out.  It, along with a scattering of gold sequins, completes the look.
That does it, for me, for today, folks.  I'm off to tackle those pics.  Thanks, as always, for stopping by!  Have a blessed week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Flora & Fauna I & Very Vintage Florals (Wplus9); Comforting Florals & Here Comes the Sun (Market Street Stamps) Paper: White (Wplus9); Pool Party (SU!); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Pool Party & Barely Banana (SU!); Jet Black (Ranger); watercolor (VersaMark) Other: gold thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Label Layers 3 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); gold embossing powder (Ranger); colored pencils (Prismacolor); mineral spirits (Inky Antics); sequins (Crate Paper); tag (Webster's Pages)

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful and I'm sure your family's love for them was definitely felt. I have been making so many sympathy cards lately. Makes my heart heavy. xoxo

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous sympathy card!!! LOVE the colors and the gold butterfly!!!

~amy~ said...

Oh Jinny, your card is absolutely gorgeous...it will be so appreciated by the family.

Kara Lynne said...

Very beautiful, Jinny, and the sentiment is perfect. I love the rays of sunshine!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful sympathy card Jinny. Love the sun rays in the background, the pretty flower... the heat embossed vellum butterfly is gorgeous. Sorry you had to use it though...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful! LOVING the butterfly and the flowers!!!

Leanne said...

oh my word! just gorgeous!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful card! Love the bold colors and the gold!

Lisa said...

This is just beautiful Jinny and it will be greatly appreciated. Hope you enjoyed a Happy Easter!

Tracy said...

Awesome stamping! With your skills you never have to use patterned paper. LOL Hugs!

Leeann Pearce said...

I hear you on making these cards. But you have created a beautiful card and so much more goes into that ...personalized loved and handmade. Thanks for popping by my blog.. and wishing me luck too.

Ros Crawford said...

Sorry to hear the news about your Hubby's co worker ... Your card is beautiful!

Annette Allen said...

layers of gorgeous.. this card is amazing.. love the color combo.. great card

Charlene said...

Beautiful, beautiful Jinny!!!

Larissa Heskett said...

Sorry to hear of the Loss!! I agree these are such HARD Cards for me to make too!! I want to make them HAPPY, but kinda Sensitive at the same time!! THis is Both and such a BEAUTIFUL Mix of Colors and Patterns!! LOVE the sentiment too!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Sharon Fritchman said...

Such a gorgeous and absolutely wonderful card!