Colour Me... Subtle!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Note: This is my second post today.  If you've come here looking for my Stuck?! July 15th Sketch post, please scroll down.

I'm back with another gorgeous palette from Colour Me...!  This one calls for Stampin' Up's Watermelon Wonder, Pear Pizazz, and Soft Sky, and I have to admit that the graphic itself caused me to go extra playful with this one.  Enjoy!
I started this card by trimming the top of a piece of pink, flamingo, patterned paper with a wide strip of a soft blue, polka dot, patterned paper and anchoring a Cameo-cut, vellum, heart burst over the prepped piece with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  I then stamped a hand-cut, chevron, patterned paper banner, in Jet Black ink, with the "YOU made MY DAY" sentiment and secured it in the top right corner of the prepped piece, before anchoring everything, to the White, cardstock, card face, with more white-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  A bit of Honeydew twine, tied in a bow, dresses up the top of the card face.
Before placing the vellum die cut over the patterned papers, I also stamped the bottom of the flamingo piece, which was strategically positioned with the brighter pink flamingo, under the tree, in the bottom right corner, in Jet Black ink, with the multiple "FOR ALL THAT YOU DO" phrase.
A hand-cut, from patterned paper, tree, which was popped up with foam tape and embellished with a number of color-coordinating, floral sequins, completes the look.
Here's your Creative Challenge No. 80 graphic to get you moving in the right direction.
Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see how the rest of the team was inspired.  We'd also love to have you play along with us!  You have until 12 noon EST, on Monday, July 20, 2015, to link up your takes over at that same challenge link above.  Oh!  And don't forget to check out last week's Creative Challenge No. 79 Top Picks.  It's always so fun visiting you all!  Thanks so much for visiting me!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Best Day Ever (SU!); Filigreed Frames (Wplus9) Paper: White (Wplus9); soft blue polka dot (American Crafts); flamingo & kraft stripe (Jenni Bowlin); tree (My Little Shoebox); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); HeartBurst cut file (The Cut Shoppe); Cameo (Silhouette); Honeydew twine (The Twinery); floral sequins (Paper Sweeties); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives)

14 comments:

Lynn said...

So fun Jinny. Love that tree...it almost looked like felt to me...had to zoom in!

Ros Crawford said...

I keep meaning to join in this challenge but time gets away from me ... I hope I can do this one ... your card is really lovely! That's a gorgeous tree!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jinny this is so cute! It is fabulous for the inspiration. Sorry I haven't been around much lately, I am just packing packing packing! Hope you are doing well! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS! LOVING that tree and the FLAMINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat said...

really beautiful card! just stunning!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving that vellum overlay and the stitching!

Lisa said...

You did have fun!! This is a cute scene. I like the flamingo, it looks a bit shy!!

Leslie said...

Beautiful card!! Love the tag with the ribbon and the stitching. LOVE the whole thing.

Ren L said...

Hi Jinny,

I really love this card of yours! It's really so pretty! You have really brought out the beautiful colors from this week's challenge. Love it!

Ren
xoxo

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute scrappy card Jinny. That tree is so pretty with the little flower sequins.

Maria said...

What a lovely card, Jinny! Love the tree, stitching, and flamingo with wonderful design!:-)

Hayley Kew said...

HOLY MOLY! You sure pulled out all the stops on this one. The stitching is fabulous and the wee flamingo is toooo perfect :)

Georgiana said...

Wow! All that stitching is very impressive. I need some tips just to make a straight line with my machine. Love the colors, flowers, and the flamingo.

Larissa Heskett said...

BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE ALL of the Layers and the Design!! SWOON!! =)