Family Update

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Happy Saturday, y'all!  I know that, in light of my hard drive recently collapsing, you all will forgive me for this post being uber tardy and completely random; as so much has happened since the last time that I shared, that I couldn't possibly cover it all in one little post.  So, I'll just hit a few of the highlights, beginning with a pic of us celebrating our first day back to school with dinner out.
With our busy schedules, sometimes that means school gets done while we're out and about.
And I couldn't help sharing how Adina signed her name on our first day back.  So cute!
We've been taking advantage of the beautiful weather in our neck of the woods with lots of evenings at the pool...
and enjoying heaps of yummy veggies from our garden.
I also recently got my hands on The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays and have been playing with a few of her recipes.  We love smoothies in my house, and her Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie was a big hit!
This may seem like a strange photo, but on the rare days that I happen not to get up before my kiddos to shower and get ready for the day, this is the face of my alarm clock.  It won't be long before he's moving into a big boy bed and sharing a room with his sister; and even though my hubby and I are looking forward to reclaiming a little space of our home back for ourselves, I'm still going to miss that face every morning.
A couple of weekends back, we took our first trip to Science City in Union Station, and I've got to say that we've totally been missing out and will definitely be going again.  We had so much fun exploring all the hands-on exhibits and visiting the planetarium.
Before all that fun could begin, though, we had another little, hamster friend to bury.  Gosh, these moments are brutal; and this little critter just wouldn't stop chewing on the plastic rim of her aquarium, so her lifespan was much shorter than that of our other pets.  Why can't they understand that plastic isn't good for their digestive systems?
And just for fun, I wanted to leave you with a couple of pictures of my boys enjoying their books...
as well as a funny story.  Knowing that it would be completely impossible for any person in my family to find their name on a Coke, my sister-in-law surprised us with a package all our own.  The box, however, arrived before she told us they were coming and with no return address.  The mystery of it all got the best of my eldest.  When I took them out of the box to chill in the fridge, he asked what we were going to do with them.  I said that we'd enjoy them with our homemade pizza on family movie night, knowing, too, that by then we'd hear of their origins.  He replied, "What if they're poisoned?"  LOL!  Do you think he might read a little too much?
Oh, and look what we saw on our way home from church one afternoon.  So fun!
I'll spare you everything else for now, but we're off on another adventure in just a few hours.  So, I'll try not to make it so long between updates next time ;).  Thanks so much for checking in on us!  Have a fantastic weekend!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING all the photos! And LOVING the coke bottles!!! How FUN!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Looks like everyone is thriving and growing way too fast!! Thanks for sharing Jinny. The coke bottles are adorable! Maybe I need to look for a Penelope ;)

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I so love seeing these photos and sharing in your sweet family ... My hubby became a grandfather this past week - his second grandson- but as his kids don't want to know me I don't get to see them so it's wonderful seeing your children. I LOVE your alarm clock! Your vegetable garden has been such a success too ... So brilliant!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun update! I love the photos, looks like you guys are having all sorts of great fun!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! SO FUN!! LOVING all of the pictures and looks like you've been having LOTS of FUN times making memories and learning!! =) HUGS!!