Colour Me... Monochromatic!

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Morning, friends!  I apologize for my lack of posts over the last week.  I have a really good reason for it, even for missing World Card Making Day.  I'll tell you all about it just as soon as I can get all the pics off my camera.  In the meantime, I hope you've all had a wonderful October!  I've been trying to keep up with all of your lives and inspirational creations, but if I haven't made it to your neck of the woods yet, please have patience with me.  I'm coming.  All that said, I do have a creation to share today.  It was inspired by Colour Me...!'s newest monochromatic palette, boasting Stampin' Up's Pumpkin Pie, as well as the baby shower invite I recently received.
I started this card by black embossing the baby on a piece of watercolor paper, masking it off, and doing the same for the pumpkin, before watercoloring them in shades of Pumpkin Pie, Crisp Cantaloupe, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, and Baked Brown Sugar inks.  I also added Chocolate Chip, but only because I forgot how much I didn't like Baked Brown Sugar until after I had already used it.  LOL!  A little Wink of Stella, which is showing up here as white specks, coats the pumpkin, and a foil butterfly was stitched to its base.
I then stamped the "seize the HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY", in Jet Black ink, in its respective location...
trimmed the space below it with a strip of orange, patterned paper; matted it with Pumpkin Pie cardstock; and anchored all the papers together with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  The space between the stamped, watercolor paper and patterned paper was then trimmed with a bit of lace, as well as a a length of white string, wrapped around the prepped piece three times and tied in a bow; before the entire thing was adhered, with foam tape, to the Oatmeal, cardstock, card face to complete the look.
Here's this week's Creative Challenge No. 92 graphic to get you going in the right direction.
Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see how the rest of the team was inspired.  We'd also be honored to have you play along with us!  You have until 12 noon EST, on Monday, October 12, 2015, to link up your takes over at that same challenge link above.  And don't forget to check out last week's inspirational Creative Challenge No. 91 Top Picks, too.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Cuddles & Tickles & Fall Whimsy (SU!); Sweets & Treats (Wplus9) Paper: Oatmeal (Wplus9); Pumpkin Pie (SU!); watercolor (Canson Studio); orange plus (Echo Park) Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pumpkin Pie, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, Baked Brown Sugar, & Chocolate Chip (SU!); Jet Black (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); white string (Hobby Lobby); lace (Michael's); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Wink of Stella (Zig); black embossing powder (SU!); foil butterfly (Maggie Holmes)

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is adorable! LOVING the pumpkin and the little baby!!!!!!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

This is so cute!!! Love it!

Ros Crawford said...

This is so cute!!! Love it!

Annette Allen said...

oh my such a cute card.. i love that embossed it.. looks awesome. the black really stands out.. LOVE IT

Lisa said...

I love the little group of elements you clustered together for your focal Jinny! The baby is too cute. This is as sweet as can be and what a fun sentiment too!

Monique Liedtke said...

You just create the most beautiful cards!!! LOVE !!

Charlene said...

So adorable!! Love the baby with the pumpkins!

Julie Gearinger said...

This is adorable and perfect for a baby shower card!! So thrilled to be designing with you this month- hugs and have a great week!

Leslie said...

Adorable!! LOVE the saying!!

Lynn said...

Too cute! Love that sweet little collage of stamping Jinny.

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet card! I'm loving the oranges!

Julia Wilson said...

Wow! So much texture and interest on your beautiful card. :)

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

So adorable! Love your sweet card, Jinny!