Family Update

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Morning, friends!  I didn't get a chance to pop in here yesterday.  It was one of those "need a slice of cheesecake after the kids go to bed" days.  I so understand what the African Proverb "It takes a village to raise a child," means, but what do you do when there's no one to ask for help?  Family is too far away, and friends are busy with their own children.  Tammy, I wish you still lived around the corner from us.  Sigh.  So, anyway, welcome to the work week!  We've had such a busy fall with the start of many of our normal, everyday activities, as well as our trips to Branson and St. Joe, on top of potty training my little guy, that I haven't had a chance to update on the day-to-day.  Ezekiel finished up another season of fall baseball, and both he and Adina are looking forward to basketball over the winter.
A few weeks back, we made a trip to Sea Life Aquarium during Homeschool Week here in Kansas City.  We like this place so much more now that the novelty of it has worn off and there's actually room to move about, and our visit just so happened to be right in the middle of feeding time, which was extra fun.  Although, it is frustrating that I can never seem to get a clear photo in that place.
Anybody want to join me for a jalapeno popper party?  They're out of control in my garden!
This past weekend, we met my cousin, Matt, and his wife and daughter for a visit to Worlds of Fun.
I look extra tired in that last photo above and rightfully so.  Allergy season is here, and it's got me down, but I wasn't going to let it change my plans for the weekend.  Ezekiel stood his ground on no more roller coasters, but Worlds of Fun's 48" minimum was shorter than Silver Dollar City's (or maybe Adina grew upwards of two inches in the last two weeks).  So, our brave girl spent 90 minutes in line to ride Spinning Dragons with her Daddy.  Poor thing even cried when it was over in a mere minute and 30 seconds.
Then, she rode Prowler with me.  That's us going up in the sixth car.  She loves them just like her Mommy!  And if the lines hadn't taken such a huge chunk out of our day, there would've been many more.  Matter of fact, she and I were in line for another, when they set the zombies loose for the Halloween Haunt.  Don't wanna have anything to do with that, especially with our little lady's active imagination, even during non-waking hours.  Ugh!  So, we called it a day and headed to IHOP for an easy, delicious dinner before bed.
My hubby also snuck in a little time for fishing, with our big kids, over the last couple of weeks...
and I couldn't help but leave you with a pic of our littlest Royals fan.  Gotta love our boys in blue!  We believe!
I'll be back, with a pretty, new palette from Colour Me...!, bright and early tomorrow morning.  Until then, thanks so much for visiting, and have a terrific Tuesday!  XOXO

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Boy, our Cueto had a rough start to the game last night! Rooting for your Royals! Love all the family pics. Time is flying over here...just sent in Ryan's first college application last night!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love all the photos!!!! Looks like fun times!!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jinny I love when you post photos of your family. Your children are beautiful, trying to figure how they got into the jug in the top photo--ha ha Sounds like it has been lots of fun. Wish I could root for your Royals for you but instead I have to hang my head in shame for my Blue Jays :(

Kara Lynne said...

You pack so much into a week, it amazes me! So fun to see the photos of your kids, they are growing!

Lisa said...

Lots of fun pictures Jinny!! Thanks so much for sharing your family with us!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great photos! That amusement park looks just the right size for my girls!

Ros Crawford said...

They sure look like they are having a fun life Jinny ... beautiful photos ... TFS!!