Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 26, 2015

The members of my family secretly wrote, on little strips of paper, all the things for which they are thankful and tossed them into a big basket over the last couple of weeks.  Since we're on our way to my Mom and Dad's this am, we read through them, at dinner, last night.  I thought today would be the perfect day to share those entries here on my blog.  See if you can guess who might have written what.  In no particular order, we are thankful for...
  1. gardens
  2. forgiveness
  3. a Savior who loves my family and I
  4. laughter
  5. homeschool
  6. a job I enjoy
  7. our bunny Snowflake (I've got so much to share soon about this new and beloved member of our family.  Stay tuned.)
  8. an organized wife (I didn't know he even noticed.)
  9. rainbows
  10. Apple Butter Day (personal to our family... Check out this year's special day.)
  11. Mommy (Awww!)
  12. Vanilla Coke
  13. cheesecake
  14. television
  15. life
  16. frogs
  17. technology
  18. divine intervention (Amen!)
  19. IKEA
  20. forests
  21. cell phones
  22. ducks
  23. education (If you can believe it, my eldest wrote this one.)
  24. camping trips
  25. horses
  26. flowers
  27. salvation
  28. our dog Summer
  29. friends
  30. church activities
  31. watermelon
  32. sports
  33. the sun
  34. Aegis Fire Protection (This is where my hubby works.)
  35. cherries
  36. birthdays
  37. the Bible
  38. U.S.A.
  39. sea crabs
  40. air conditioning
  41. tablets to do school on
  42. the earth
  43. apples
  44. limes
  45. books
  46. cats
  47. cheetahs
  48. working vehicles
  49. lemons (Are you seeing a pattern here?  Somebody loves fruit!)
  50. aunts and uncles
  51. a good church
  52. Daddy (I wrote this, since I knew my kiddos would be reading.  Not that I'm not thankful for him, just that I wrote Daddy instead of my hubby.)
  53. papercrafts
  54. home
  55. freedom
  56. dogs
  57. birds
  58. trees
  59. siblings (Love to know that my kids love one another!)
  60. ears (that we hear with... not ears of corn)
  61. time and space (You have to think scientifically for this one.)
  62. World Series baseball (Go, Royals!)
  63. pumpkins
  64. rain
  65. clothes
  66. stars
  67. bricks for building houses
  68. our military soldiers
  69. foxes
  70. Thanksgiving
  71. Jesus dying on the cross
  72. pigs (I have no idea!)
  73. pads that protect the mattress (Can you tell we just potty trained our littlest?  He's still working on bladder control during sleep hours, but that's normal for his age.)
  74. my camera
  75. family movie night
  76. Ezekiel
  77. milk
  78. band concerts
  79. cows
  80. my new watercolors (My hubby just surprised me with a Gansai Tambi set.  I haven't even had time to play.  Eeek!)
  81. a wife willing to put her kids first
  82. fish
  83. Ezekiel and Adina's basketball games
  84. coffee
  85. Kaden
  86. Beans (Kaden's favorite stuffed monkey)
  87. Adina
  88. good food
  89. Current Events (This is a bit of a joke.  Ezekiel hates doing his weekly Current Events, but we enjoy hearing them, especially from his perspective.)
  90. Room Time (Kaden spends a half hour playing alone in his room each day at the hour of my choosing.  I scramble to get everything done.)
  91. my new stove
  92. direct deposit
  93. God
  94. a beautiful family
  95. animals
  96. cousins
  97. paychecks
  98. libraries
  99. Fourth of July
  100. blog friends (That's YOU!)
From my family to yours, have a truly blessed Thanksgiving!  And to all those who don't live in the United States, have an absolutely fantastic day!  Hugs!

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Wonderful. A life filled with so many blessing Jinny! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lisa said...

What a GREAT list, I'm thankful for so many things you have on there too!! Hope you had a wonderful day Jinny!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Great list - lots to be thankful for. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee this list! How wonderful you all did this!! And I wonder if your husband's company works with Brian's Aunt anytime ... https://www.linkedin.com/in/pat-mieszala-533aa111

Tracey McNeely said...

That is a lot to be thankful for 😊. Happy Thanksgiving Jinny! ~hugs

Ros Crawford said...

Now that's a list!! I'm thankful for a peek into your lives and for you, your friendship ... sharing those gorgeous children not to mention your beautiful creations ... Have a beautiful weekend!

Miriam Prantner said...

Happy Thanksgiving! So much to be thankful for!

Monika/Buzsy said...

That is one BLESSED family! Happy Belated Thanksgiving!