Homemade Just for You

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Morning, y'all, and merry Christmas Eve eve!  I've frantically been working away at all the projects and baking that still need accomplished before Christmas arrives.  I know.  I'm running out of time!  But I wanted to pop in to share a couple of the dressed-up treats I've made over the last couple of weeks.  The first ones were for my hubby's group of kiddos at Awana Club.  So, I kept them simple, knowing they may not even arrive home.  I'm sharing one of them today, but I whipped up six of these cuties and stuffed them all with sweet treats.
I started this project by using my Cameo to cut all the bits and pieces from Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, and Real Red cardstocks.  After piecing them together, I covered the reindeer's nose with a healthy dose of fine, red glitter and her eyes with Glossy Accents.
With the exception of one boy, the remainder of my hubby's charges are girls.  So, little, gingham bows finished theirs off.
And remember those 37 pints of apple butter I slaved away making back here?  Well, they all received this fancy treatment for gifting to my hubby's coworkers and employees, as well as our neighbors, family members, mailman, trash men... the list goes on and on.
I purchased Avery Elle's Homemade stamp set with just such a project in mind.  However, I wasn't thinking about the massive number of spoons and bows I'd need to be cutting out, when I chose not to order the coordinating die set.  So, I made quick work of my Silhouette to create cut files for them and Cameo-cut everything from Whisper White cardstock.  The spoons themselves were then silver embossed; stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the "HOMEMADE just for YOU" sentiment; and dressed up with the bows, which were embossed in gold.
The hearts were Cameo-cut from Whisper White cardstock and a gold, stripe vellum; formed into a pocket with silver-threaded, straight, machine stitches; stuffed with gold and silver, sequin stars, as well as silver seed beads, before they were sealed off; and backed with another Whisper White, cardstock heart to conceal the stitching and hold a stamped, in Real Red ink, "Christmas blessings" sentiment.  I then hand-wrote "from the Newlins" below that.  I totally forgot to take a picture of the back for you all, but you get the idea.  I then punched a hole through both the spoon and the confetti heart and laced them with a length of Baker's Twine.  Lots of white, seam binding ribbon; a bit of sheer, red ribbon; and a button, laced with Baker's Twine, complete the look.
Further inspiration for this second project came from Avery Elle's Challenge #31: Metallics.
And I just couldn't resist leaving you with this pic of my cuties helping to make Christmas sugar cookies.  I'm ever so thankful for all the help!
Okay, I'd better run.  I've got baking and cleaning still to get done.  My boys have haircuts this afternoon.  That is, IF I'm brave enough to go through with my little bear getting his first.  Sigh.  Gosh, I hope you don't lose all those curls, sweet boy.  Somebody better come hold my hand!  AND we've got church tonight, as we'll be off to Grandma and Grandpa's for Christmas Eve celebrations tomorrow.  Breathe, Jinny.  It'll be so nice to be back home, with nothing on the agenda but good food and quality time, for Christmas day.  Thanks so much for stopping by, friends!  Be blessed!
{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Real Red, & Crumb Cake (SU!) Other: Reindeer Bag cut file & Cameo (Silhouette); red glitter (K&Company); Glossy Accents (Ranger); red gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby)
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Homemade (Avery Elle); Little Angels (The Craft's Meow) Paper: Whisper White & gold stripe vellum (SU!) Ink: Real Red (SU!); Jet Black (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: silver thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); silver embossing powder & 3/16" Handheld punch (SU!); gold embossing powder (Ranger); button & red sheer ribbon (The Ribbon Reel); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); silver star sequins & silver seed beads (Hobby Lobby); gold star sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); Today Was Good cut file (Kim Watson); Cameo (Silhouette)

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Fabulous gifts!! LOVE that reindeer and the bow. And the spoon on the jar is so clever!! Merry Christmas, Jinny!!!

Lisa said...

Love your sweet Christmas projects Jinny, so special! I remember Joe's first hair cut, it was hard. But, oh my goodness, did he ever look precious afterwards!! Wishing you and your family a vey Merry Christmas!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are fabulous! LOVING the Rudolph and that dressed up jar!! And HUGS Mama!!! It will be ok!! :)

Tracy said...

Just darling! I'm sure the packaging got a smile from every recipient. :-)

Ros Crawford said...

Oh such gorgeous gifts!! You are such a lovely lady ...

Monika/Buzsy said...

These look fantastic! Hmmm... apple butter... sounds delicious!

Miriam Prantner said...

That reindeer bag is the cutest thing ever! Love seeing the whole family getting into the cookie making!