Reverse Confetti Creative Hop

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

It's a non-release month over at Reverse Confetti, so the Design Team has put together a Creative Hop for your viewing pleasure.  You should have come here via my friend Amy Kolling, but if you didn't or got lost somewhere along the way, you can find a complete list of hop participants on the Reverse Confetti Blog.  So, let's get started.  Shall we?
Our assignment was to share any new, non-card project AND three of our favorite Reverse Confetti projects from 2015.  I'll get to the latter at the end of this post; but first, I'm a scrapbooker at heart, so I let it lead the way to create a page of my littlest's first birthday celebration at home.
I started this page by smudging the teal, polka dot, grid, base page with Sky and Sunshine Mr. Huey's.  I then anchored a number of patterned papers, over that, with black-threaded, straight, machine stitches; threw in a couple strips of black, polka dot Washi Tape; splattered everything with Pure Black and Titanium White acrylic paints; and used the result as the foundation for my row of photos, which was matted with Whisper White cardstock.  The entire grouping was then grounded with the Cameo-cut, from a blue, patterned paper, "BEST DAY EVER" title, which I topped with a stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a hand-cut, vellum flag, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY".  The left end of that flag was secured below the sweet lion image from Leaping Lions.  He and his perch were black-embossed on watercolor, paper die cuts; watercolored; backed with a tangle of black thread; and popped up with foam tape.
The tag was die-cut from a yellow, grid, patterned paper and Basic Black cardstock, using Topped Off Tag and Hang Ups Confetti Cuts dies; laced with a length of Charcoal twine, which was tied in a bow; and tucked under the bottom edge of my paper layers, as well as the left side of the darling lion.  It also houses a little, stamped, in Jet Black ink, "roar!"
A trio of stamped, in Jet Black ink, phrases...
turns our attention to the top of the design, where I adhered puffy, alphabet stickers to spell out my son's name and added lots of hand-written journaling, which reads, I cannot believe you're already one!  This last year has flown by so much faster than I ever wanted it to.  Before I know it, you're going to be all grown up and off on your next great adventure.  Until those days come, I'm going to teach you all I know, hold you when you're sad, dance with you when you're happy, celebrate your accomplishments, talk you through your failures, help you make some of your most treasured memories, and love you with ALL MY HEART!!!
I used Alphabetical to stamp the "FEB 2 2015" date in Jet Black ink and threw in lots of yellow, enamel, heart stickers and clear gemstones to complete the look.
And I couldn't help but share the bottom right corner of the base page before I'm done.  It came as part of the printed design on the patterned paper, but it also helped get the whole page started.  So, I couldn't help but underline the few choice words that became the title of my page.
Further inspiration for this page came from Stuck?! Sketches' December 1st Challenge, which I flipped upside down.
Stamps: Leaping Lions, With Love, & Alphabetical (Reverse Confetti) Paper: Basic Black & Whisper White (SU!); teal polka dot (Dear Lizzy); black stripe (Crate Paper); multicolored stripe, multicolored triangle, mint polka dot, & blue (Amy Tangerine); yellow grid (Simple Stories); vellum (Paper Studio); watercolor (Canson Studio) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Leaping Lions, Topped Off Tag, & Hang Ups Confetti Cuts dies (Reverse Confetti); Big Shot (Sizzix); puffy alphabet stickers (Pinkfresh); enamel hearts (Amy Tangerine); clear gemstones (crafts-too); Titanium White & Pure Black acrylic paints (Folkart); Sky & Sunshine Mr. Huey's (Studio Calico); black polka dot Washi Tape (K&Company); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); watercolors (Kuretake); Charcoal twine (The Twinery); Cameo & Best Day Ever cut file (Silhouette)
Now, how about those favorites from 2015?  While I'm not new to the fabulousness that is Reverse Confetti, I haven't had the pleasure of playing with their goodies for long.  We're a one-income family of five, and, at the end of the day, there's never been much paycheck left for play.  So, I'm sure you can imagine how excited I was when Jen asked me to be a 'Fetti Friend for the months of November and December, but you may not know that that was also my first opportunity to play with anything at all from Reverse Confetti.  I can tell you, now, that I am without a doubt smitten; but if you've been following me, over the course of the last month, these projects won't be new to you.  Regardless, I'm so excited to share the ones that make the top of my list.  For all the details, closeups, and supplies, including links to Reverse Confetti goodies used, in their making, simply click on the individual links below or the photos themselves.

I already shared that my heart is in scrapbooking, and so many Reverse Confetti products work perfectly for such.  So, I couldn't help but include this page of my same littlest cutie from above during last year's Christmas festivities.  Gosh, I wish I could bottle him up and keep him little forever!
http://jinnynewlin.blogspot.com/2015/11/reverse-confetti-believe.html
This second project is just full of fun.  It was made for this month's SFYTT #31, and there's still plenty of time for you to play along, too.  I'm drawn to all the scrumptious ribbons and trims and playful, happy palette.  It seems to suit Jolly Holiday perfectly.  Plus, it was my first chance to play with my new Gansai Tambi watercolor set, a wonderful, Thanksgiving surprise from my hubby.  Thank you, Baby!
http://jinnynewlin.blogspot.com/2015/12/reverse-confetti-sfytt-31.html
And I adore the peach palette, with bold pops of black and gold, in my final share.  Plus, that new Topped Off Tag Confetti Cuts die gives all my embellishments such a solid foundation.
http://jinnynewlin.blogspot.com/2015/11/reverse-confett-nov-release-day-2.html
Now, off you go to the talented Heather Pulvirenti to continue your hop.  Be sure to leave lots of love along the way, as there is a $15 prize for one lucky commenter.  Comments close this Thursday, December 10, 2015, at noon CST; and a winner will be announced, on the Reverse Confetti blog, on Friday.  Thanks so much for humbling me with a visit, y'all!  Be blessed!

34 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love all of these .... but your latest lo is just GORGEOUS! LOVING those photos, the colors and LOVING that lion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa H. said...

sooooo great! totally love your layout and all the RC goodness you added in.

~amy~ said...

Oh Jinny! Your projects are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I simply Love your Style!

Cynthia Daugherty said...

these are great!

Karen said...

I just love getting ideas for scrapbook pages using my stamps and dies!

Ruth G said...

Fabulous layout! I love how you've used the stamped images and sentiments on your page! I love scrapbooking, too, but often forget to use my stamps, so I'm definitely inspired!

Thanks so much for sharing and congratulations on being a part of the Confetti Crew!

Team Clark said...

Absolutely gorgeous projects, they make these stamps shine!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

These are all awesome! Love your style, Jinny!

Mary-Anne V said...

very great layouts.

Annette Allen said...

wow you do amazing things with these fun stamps and dies.. love all your projects.. so creative

Marisa said...

Precious pages and LOVE the last card!!

cm said...

Beautiful layout to showcase your images of your precious little one! Darling! Selecting three favourite projects from 2015, given your immense creativity, must have been quite the challenge! Your selections: amazing!
~carol

Debbie Vasel said...

That lion is adorable.
Great layouts!

Chrissy Larson said...

Your scrapbook pages are just too cute as is the subject matter! Gorgeous projects, Jinny!

emma sleppy said...

Totally Clever scrapbook pages!!

D.Ann C said...

What a sweetie-pie! I especially like the background and flower on the Celebrate card!

Patty said...

Adorable layouts & beautiful cards!

Sandy Ross said...

Fabulous collection of creations. Always love all your extra details! Your journalling is just wonderful. I love absolutely everything! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

Deepa M. said...

Love your scrappy layout - perfect use of texture and layers!

Denise Bryant said...

awesome layouts and cards! love that cute lion and the fun Santa!

Michele Henderson said...

Really beautiful projects! So much color and fun!
Take Care!
Michele

Nancy said...

Wow!! GORGEOUS work, Jinny! You are very inspiring to me! :o)

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful layouts and cards, Jinny! It's been so great having your guest design for RC the past two months!

Julie said...

Beautiful projects!

Mary Holshouser said...

the layouts are great.
Love the card with tge wreath and Santa and rudolph.
thanks for sharing so many wonderful projects.

Tracy said...

Goodness what a treasure trove of projects. Using the RC projects for scrapping is such a great way to stretch your products. Fabulous work my friend! Hugs!

KerrynF said...

Stunning pages Jinny, so lovely to see your projects. So much detail to enjoy. Thanks for playing along with us this month.

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

WOW!!!! Your pages are drool-worthy!

Laura Whitaker said...

Oh my gosh, so much gorgeousness here! Love your use of sweet stamped images on your page, so super inspiring and great background details too! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Carey Nusbaum said...

I am a Scrapbooker too, so I love your calendar 1st birthday layout! Adorable!

Lisa said...

I always enjoy your layouts Jinny and how many wonderful details you add to them! these are all fantastic projects!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh how time flies ... don't you wish you could stop it sometimes and just bottle those memories? Beautiful page and your cards are stunning as always... Have a lovely day!

Leslie said...

WOWSER!!!! These are ALL GORGEOUS!!! Love the colors in the first birthday photos!!

Sarah said...

Stunning work - love it so much, can't list what I like as I love it all - fabulous work and journalling. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches Hugs Sarah xx