The Challenge #57

Monday, January 18, 2016

Welcome to the work week, y'all, and my take on a beautiful inspiration photograph from The Challenge!  I'll get to specifically how I was inspired, along with the graphic, below; but for now, let's just see the outcome.  It was created for a dear friend of mine, and I think I may have started something.  She got such a kick out of the sentiment, that the morning after I gave it to her, she was texting the phrase back to me.
I started this card by anchoring a number of prints, to the White, cardstock, card face, with gold-threaded, straight, machine stitches.
The same stitches frame my die-cut, from a gray, stripe, patterned paper, tag, which was used to ground my partial, stamped, in Jet Black ink, "LOVE YOU A" sentiment.  The remainder of the "latte" sentiment was stamped, in Baked Brown Sugar ink, in the center of the mug, which was black-embossed on a watercolor paper die cut.  It was further watercolored; backed with a tangle of gold thread; adhered, with foam tape, below the partial sentiment; and embellished with a gold, cardstock, wreath die cut, as well as a trio of scattered pearls.
A double, white, seam binding ribbon bow, as well as a length of white chord, bit of white lace, and paper bloom, tops the tag and completes the look.
Further inspiration for this card came from Reverse Confetti's January Sketch for You to Try #32...
and here's your The Challenge #57 graphic to get you off and running in the right direction.  I was drawn to and attempted to mimic the beautiful bloom, vintage trims, and pearls, not to mention the sheer elegance of the photograph itself through my combination of prints and by adding kisses of gold throughout.
Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see how the rest of the team was inspired.  You have until Sunday, January 24, 2016, at noon PST, to add your takes to the linky at that same challenge link above.  And don't forget to check out our fabulous The Challenge #56 Winners, too.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful work week, friends!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Be a Barista (Reverse Confetti) Paper: White (Wplus9); gold & blue medallion (Bazzill); gray stripe (K&Company); paisley & mint/gold foil polka dot (MME); watercolor (Canson Studio) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark); Baked Brown Sugar (SU!) Other: gold thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Topped Off Tags & Wreaths Confetti Cuts dies (Reverse Confetti); Big Shot (Sizzix); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); white chord (Hobby Lobby); lace (JoAnn Fabrics); paper bloom (KaiserKraft); pearls (sei); watercolors (Kuretake); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); black embossing powder (SU!)

20 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Jinny! What a beautiful card! And such a fun sentiment, too. I love your take on this awesome challenge, my friend!

~amy~ said...

Jinny, this is gorgeous! Lovely work!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flower!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anya said...

Gorgeous! Colors look great here!

Annette Allen said...

such a pretty card.. great take on the sketch..

Charlene said...

Beautiful card! I love the gold and blue together!

Maria said...

Such a sweet card, Jinny! Love all the layers and beautiful colors! Very pretty flower, too!

Lesley said...

Such a stunning example of how to be inspired and yet be original! Love this!

Tracy said...

The blue and gold is classy and I love the watercolor on the cup. Your designs are always a treat. Hugs!

Lisa H. said...

so, so lovely! this card is full of so much pretty. The blues with the gold and that flower are soooo pretty!

Ros Crawford said...

Such a beautiful Card! Love the water colouring!

Happy Dance said...

I noticed your coffee cup right away, as it drew my eyes right into the center of your card. Then I saw the quatrefoil paper, the mint and gold polka dotted, and the rest of your papers and elements of your design. That's how it should be; a focal point draws you in, and then you take a stroll around the rest of the card. This is a really fun card, and it's easy to see why your friend likes it so much. The blues and greens and gold are a really great color combination. Fun card. Bev

Lisa said...

Such beautiful inspiration Jinny!! The tiny gold stitching is fabulous!

Team Clark said...

I absolutely love your take - these blues are amazing! Great mug too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jinny this is so cute! I love the blues and yellow and so perfectly vintage too. Isn't that RC wreath amazing? I just got it, it was out of stock over Christmas but now I have it and can cSe you. The cup fits inside it perfectly!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Jinny!
Love the layers!

Broni said...

I just love all the beautiful details you've incorporated into this fantastic card! LOVE it!

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the mix of blue prints with the pops of gold.

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, I love the blend of colours.

Nance said...

Oh how bad a teamie I am lately - so behind in visiting blogs! I love this wonderful original creative interpretation of the inspiration photo! WOW! Your creativity is so inspiring!