Weekend Snapshots

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Good afternoon, y'all!  Just popping in to share a few pics from our weekend.  Friday was my 38th birthday, and I had these cuties to help me celebrate.
Kaden had his two-year-old pics professionally taken in the morning.  I can't believe he's going to be two next week!  Where has the time gone?!  My hubby met us at the portrait studio to painstakingly pick our favorite shots.  Then, we made our way to Barnes & Noble to spend my kiddos' Christmas gift cards from their Great Aunt Pam.  She never forgets them and knows how much they love Barnes & Noble!  We also ate a birthday lunch at On the Border.  I LOVE Mexican food!  Then, we had to go home and actually do some school work.  LOL!  But we picked up celebrations afterwards, when I was good and tired (Tee hee!), with homemade pizza and a family movie; and my hubby made my favorite Apple Crumb Cake for dessert.  Yum-O!
They also spoiled me with some yummy Bath & Body Works lotions and this gorgeous display of roses, not to mention handmade cards and drawings.  So fun!
Our Saturday mornings, this winter, have been filled with basketball for both Adina and Ezekiel.  We've, literally, been racing from one game to the next.  I've got the boys and my hubby has Adina, but I'm still getting to see portions of Adina's games and vice versa for my hubby with Ezekiel's.  We're planning on switching places in a couple of weeks, when it's more convenient for my hubby to be away from one of Adina's games, since he's one of her coaches.  She's playing, with other first and second grade girls, at our church, through a Christian organization known as Upward; and she LOVES it!  I'll do better about getting some action shots to share in the future.  I've been too busy playing with the video mode on my camera ;).
I couldn't help but throw in a photo of my littlest cutie patootie.  He's managing the ins and outs and comings and goings of the basketball season with ease.  Love this little man more than words could ever express!  Mwah!
Then, we were on our way to Ezekiel's game.  He's playing, with other sixth and seventh grade boys, through our local YMCA; and y'all, these boys are good!  They're undefeated and have already played every team in the league.
My beautiful girl lost another tooth!
She's been such a big girl about Kaden moving into her space.  I'm so proud of her!  I was feeling super sentimental about my baby moving from his crib, which we converted into a sort of toddler bed awhile back, in our room to his big boy bed in his shared room, that I couldn't help but snap this sweet pic of him as I was going to bed.  Sniff.  Sniff.
Oh!  And a couple of weekends back, my mom and sisters came up to Kansas City, so we could all go to New Theatre Restaurant.  I won't even mention what production we saw, just because I wouldn't recommend it; but it was so fun to get to spend a little time with these beautiful ladies and enjoy some really scrumptious food.
And just for fun, I have a couple more shots depicting what we do when there's a little time to relax.
I truly AM so blessed!  Thanks so much for checking in on us!  Have a wonderful night, friends!  XOXO!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Ahh...such wonderful pictures Jinny! Happy birthday a few days late! May your 38th year be your best one yet! xx

Karen B. said...

Happy Birthday!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad you had a good birthday! LOVING all the photos!! The one of him sneaking a smile at the back of the chair ... toooooooo precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria said...

Happy 38th Birthday, Jinny!!! Looks like you had a great birthday celebration with family! Love all the wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing! Take care and have a great week!:-)

Team Clark said...

We are kindred spirits indeed! I love OTB, but always get the Kaluah pie - it's to die for! The flowers are just gorgeous - so glad you were spoiled royally. I just turned 37 in November, so we are close in age. Your family is most precious and I see that they mean a lot to you. Hugs, Autumn <3

Monique Liedtke said...

Yay! Happy birthday to you!! Love seeing your photos and mmmmm that apple crumb cake sounds delicious! (I love all apple cakes!)

Lisa said...

You ARE truly blessed Jinny, thanks for sharing your family with us! Happy belated birthday!