Birthday Thank Yous

Friday, February 5, 2016

Morning, friends, and happy Friday!  I trust you all have super fun plans for the weekend.  Ours will be filled with more basketball and church.  It seems to be our winter, weekend routine, but my hubby and I are also going to be able to sneak away for a long-overdue date night.  Honestly, and I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I can't remember the last time we were able to get away without kiddos.  Babysitters are expensive and unreliable, and we simply don't have a lot of people we can count on for such.  Everyone has their own children or lives far away.  We were just talking about the massive support system we had when we lived in Colorado, and how the minute we moved back to Kansas, to be closer to family, that all seemed to dissipate.  My parents are coming through for us tonight, though.  So, you can bet we're going to make good use of our time away.
So, anyway, I'm just getting around to making my birthday thank yous and wanted to share a quartet I made for family members.  I don't usually duplicate cards, but I needed a bunch fast.  Plus, they were all going out for the same reason, and I had these fabulous cut-away, "thank you" phrases that came in one of my Hip Kit Club boxes awhile back.  So, it just seemed natural to do so.
I started this card by trimming the left edge of a piece of peach, brushstroke, patterned paper with a strip of black, stripe, patterned paper and anchored them both, to a Black, cardstock frame, with gold-threaded, straight, machine stitches, before securing it, with foam tape, to the White, cardstock, card face.  I then adhered a die-cut, black, polka dot, patterned paper tag near the bottom right corner; topped it with a woodgrain, cut-away "THANK you"...
strung it with a length of hemp twine; and dressed up its top edge with a bit of white, seam binding ribbon, tied in a double bow and embellished with a sheer, aqua, ribbon bow, as well as a wood veneer button, laced with a hemp twine bow.
The vase was stamped, on a watercolor, paper die cut, in Antique Linen Distress Ink.  It was then watercolored; adhered, with foam tape, just to the left of the sentiment; and stuffed with a number of floral bits, all stamped, on White, cardstock die cuts, in shades of Baked Brown Sugar, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, Barely Banana, Lucky Limeade, Garden Green, Old Olive, and Crisp Cantaloupe.  A few of the parts of the floral arrangement were adhered with foam tape, just for a little dimension, but the bulk of the lot were stuck fast to the front of the card face.  A trio of enamel dots completes the look.
The only things I changed, from card to card, were the cut-away sentiments and color of the enamel dots (i.e., peach and gold...
black and aqua...
and white and back to peach again).
Inspiration for these cards came from Sugar Pea Design's Sugar Sketch 39...
and Always Playing With Paper's Inspired by All the Little Things #2.
And just an interesting tidbit, before I'm off... Remember how I couldn't figure out why I was so ill just before my birthday?  As it turns out, it WAS something, something serious.  The Sunday before my birthday, I attended New Theatre Restaurant with my sisters and Mom.  I shared a pic back here.  Well, there was a norovirus outbreak tied to the restaurant between Friday, January 15 and Tuesday, January 19, 2016.  Originally, they had that date pinned down to Sunday, January 17, 2016, the very day I was there.  Ugh!  Anyway, here is one of many articles on the subject, just in case you're interested.  Crazy!  Fortunately, it only seemed to have affected my Mom and I.  Thank goodness!  Thanks so much for humbling me with a visit!  Have a blessed weekend, y'all!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Milk & Cookies & Fresh Cut Florals (Wplus9) Paper: White & Black (Wplus9); black stripe (Crate Paper); peach brushstroke (Jen Hadfield); black polka dot (Dear Lizzy); watercolor (Canson Studio) Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, Barely Banana, Lucky Limeade, Garden Green, Old Olive, & Crisp Cantaloupe (SU!); Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: gold thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Milk & Cookies, Fresh Cut Florals, & Timeless Tags dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); enamel dots (MME); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); wood veneer buttons (Jenni Bowlin); hemp twine (SU!); sheer aqua ribbon (Hobby Lobby); watercolors (Kuretake); cut-away thank yous (Jen Hadfield)

24 comments:

~amy~ said...

BEAUTIFUL

Karen B. said...

Beautiful cards! Enjoy your date night!

Team Clark said...

Oh my gosh, Jinny!!! These are extraordinary! Love, love them!

Anya said...

Jinny, these are GORGEOUS!

Lynn said...

oh my gosh...that is so scary Jinny. I'm so glad you're okay! Enjoy your date night...sounds fabulous. Your cards are gorgeous!

Charlene said...

Im so glad your better from that restaurant :-) Have an awesome, much needed date night and LOVE, LOVE your cards!!

Maria said...

Gorgeous cards with the pretty vase of flowers and just LOVE the bows! Happy to hear that you are much better from the illness and have tons of fun on your date night!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAY for date night!!! And So glad they are cleaning up after so many people got sick!! That is CRAZY!!!!! LOVING these cards!!! GORGEOUS colors and love love love the jar!!!!!!! And I got my package!!!!!!! EEK!! Thank you so MUCH my friend!! I love it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie said...

Jinny, those are absolutely beautiful!!!! Hope you have a fun date night!! Those are definitely necessary from time to time. :)

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Simply stunning, Jinny! I adore your work! You are a master at layers and collage. Thanks so much for sharing at SugarPea Designs and Inspired by All the Little Things!

Drive By Crafts said...

wow beautiful card set..

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful set of cards, you are so good! I still owe some Christmas thank yous.....

Lisa said...

I hope you had a wonderful date night together Jinny. So happy your parents came through for you!! Your thank you cards are layered in prettiness. So many sweet details. So scary about your illness, glad you're okay!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow! These are gorgeous!!!! Love all the yummy details! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Date night - YAY!!!! I love these wonderful and beautifully designed thank you cards and I know the recipients will appreciate all of the work you put into them, too!!!

Susanne said...

Gorgeous.

Kerin said...

Wow, what a gorgeous collection of cards! Thanks so much for joining us this week at SugarPea Designs!

Ros Crawford said...

These are stunning Jinny!

Jeanne Jachna said...

Drop dead gorgeous as always my sweet friend! Ahhh I remember my basketball weekends.. you don't believe it but you will miss them some day! Sorry about the restaurant - Hoping you are A- OK now!

Lesley said...

Wow, Jinny! You created such beauties here! Love the freestyle collage look! So feminine and lovely!

Tracy said...

Oh these are so pretty. The color combinations are really lovely and your layering is always a treat.
Happy belated birthday to little man Kaden. I loved the pic of him blowing out the candles on the cake.
Sorry I haven't been around much but I know YOU understand. LOL

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards, lots of wonderful detail!

Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

LauraJane:) said...

These are so pretty! LOVELY LAYERS and colors too! Thanks for playing along with the SugarPea Sugar Sketch Challenge!

Karren said...

Fun card! I love your flower arrangement - so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at SugarPea Designs Challenge.