Family Update

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Hey, y'all!  I wanted to stop in and share a few photos from our weekend, as well as the pictures I promised of Kaden's 2nd birthday; but let's start with a few from our recent trip to the Kansas City Zoo, just because we love that place.
This first guy either stopped and posed for me or was miffed with my photo taking and waiting for just the right moment to attack.  Either way, we decided it was time to split.  If you've been to our zoo, you know these guys aren't behind any barriers and completely open to the public.
This sheep totally reminded us of our fuzzy bunny, Snowflake.  They both have so much hair on their faces, it's difficult to tell if their eyes are open or closed.  LOL!
Gotta love the penguins, especially BABY penguins!
A little lunch, before the ride home, was the perfect way to end our morning and gave us a good start to the afternoon.
We celebrated Kaden's birthday a little early due to our busy, week-day schedule, but it was just as special and full of fun!  He had a few gifts to open, beginning with a basketball goal that is just his size.
Some crayons and coloring books/boards to TRY to keep him busy while his brother and sister are doing school...
a stack of clothes to get him ready for springtime/summer, as he's got more winter clothing than he needs or could ever use...
and a brand-spankin' new toolbox rounded out the gifts.
An M&M birthday cake topped off a favorite, homemade, macaroni 'n cheese dinner.  He loves M&M's, and the look on his face, when he saw his cake, was priceless!
We capped off the evening with a Light Up Balloon party.
My kiddos had hours of fun with these balloons!  They were totally a random purchase, when I happened upon them on a trip to Target.  Kaden laughed so hard running back and forth through them, and the big kiddos loved tossing them over our balcony.  The packaging says they only stay lit for 12 hours, but five days after blowing them up, they were still glowing.  They did get dimmer, but they were still, obviously, lit up.  At that point, I tossed them.  They were driving me crazy lying all over the house, but I did cut one of the battery lights out just to see how long it took before they went out; and it's still glowing today, a week and a half later.
This one totally cracks me up, as I'd been taking all the pics without a flash; and Kaden's eyes are so big, when the flash went off this time.  He lost his pants from a little problem with his aim.  LOL!
I just had to throw in a photo of our date night last Friday.  What a treasure to have real-life, actual, adult conversations without being interrupted.  Even just to sit quietly was a priceless gift.
We went to The Melting Pot.  It's a pricey, fondue restaurant on The Plaza, but we've only been there together one other time in our 14 years of marriage; so, it was past time for another visit.  It's so, SO GOOD!  And we were thrilled to discover their seasonal White Chocolate Pumpkin fondue was still being served.  Mmm!
This edition of my Family Update wouldn't be complete without a few more basketball pics.  My hubby was able to stay for Ezekiel's entire game this week...
while I snuck Adina away to hers.  The boys joined us just as quick as they could, and our littlest came with me to make it even easier for them to get there fast.
I know you can't see her in the photo below, but that was her shot.  Woohoo!  She's behind silver #5.  Her game is night and day better than last year.  It's all about growing up.
Love this pic of Kaden all wiped out from a busy morning...
and this one of my boys awaiting Adina's return from the bathroom (Critters!)...
as well as this one of my littles watching/listening to Adina's Bible lesson.  Such precious memories!
That catches you up on a few of the happenings around my household.  Kaden's got his two-year-old doctor checkup in just a bit, so I'd better get going; but thanks so much for checking in on us!  Be blessed!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

So fun catching up with your family and watching the kids grow! Kaden looks so much like BJ as he gets older. I'll have to remember those balloons for Penelope's next birthday!

Team Clark said...

Oh my gosh, how sweet!

Lynn said...

I love your family updates. The pic of your boys walking holding hands melts my heart! Still hard to believe Kaden is already two!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love family updates Jinny! Your family is so beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving all the photos!! Those balloons look like so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

It's been a while since I've been by to visit, Jinny, so this was the perfect time to stop in! Thank you for the lovely share of your growing family. I canNOT believe how big Kaden is already! The photo of the two boys hand-in-hand is priceless! Hugs, Darnell

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely photos!! Thanks so much for sharing them!

Maria said...

Such sweet awesome family photos, Jinny! I always enjoy seeing the zoo photos and their activities! Kaden is really growing and I can see he had a great birthday! Thank you for the update!:-)

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great update! I just love all those fun photos, and I can't believe that Kaden is 2! Time flies!!!! You have such great kids!