The Challenge #65

Monday, March 21, 2016

Happy Monday, y'all!  It feels like forever since I've been able to get creative, so I'm thrilled to even be here posting for The Challenge today.  We got hit with ear infections again, literally, a week after the last cycles of medication were complete; and there just wasn't well enough time in between that I was able to rest and recover from playing nurse and, in turn, came down hard with the ickies myself.  Ezekiel seems to have dodged the infections this go around, but Adina wasn't so lucky; and my little guy has been struggling for the long haul.  They're both on antibiotics again, a stronger dosage this time, as the infection crept into their eyes and turned them bright red and oozy.  Ugh!  Being sick is simply no fun, so I'm going to spare you from any more of the story and jump right into today's card.
I started this card by stamping a book print, patterned paper, in Barely Banana ink, with the background, sun image; framed it with Daffodil Delight cardstock and gold-threaded, straight, machine stitches; and adhered it, with foam tape, to the White, cardstock, card face.
I then stamped the blooms, in Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, and Garden Greens inks respectively, on White cardstock; die-cut the pink ones; hand-cut the rest; and clustered them to the bottom left of the card face behind the "thanks" sentiment, which was die-cut, several layers thick, from gold cardstock.  A scattering of gold sequins completes the look.
Here's your The Challenge #65 graphic to get you started.  I know that I used a similar book print, on my The Challenge creation, a couple of weeks back, but that stack of books was calling for it again.  I also brought in pink blooms as inspired by the photograph, as well as kisses of gold throughout.
Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see how the rest of the team was inspired.  You have until Sunday, March 27, 2016, at noon PST, to add your takes to the linky at that same challenge link above.  And don't forget to check out The Challenge #64 Winners, too.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Here Comes the Sun & Life Is Beautiful (Market Street Stamps) Paper: White (Wplus9); gold (Bazzill); Daffodil Delight & book print (SU!) Ink: Barely Banana, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, & Garden Green (SU!) Other: gold thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Painted Thanks die (Simon Says Stamp); Clear Cut Stackers: Circles die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); gold sequins (Crate Paper)

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh man...I hope that is the end of everyone being sick. Love how you stamped the sun burst over the text. Gorgeous Jinny!

Karen B. said...

Hope you all get well soon! Such a happy card!

Maria said...

Wonderful card with the sun rays, flowers, and gold die cut sentiment! Sorry to hear that you and family have been ill. It's not fun being sick. I recently had bronchitis. I'm so glad that I didn't give it to my hubby! Take care and hope you are all feeling much better by Easter...Happy Easter!:-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I hope everyone feels better soon!! LOVING your card... loving the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

So sorry to hear about more ear infections and ickie sickies. I sure hope everyone feels better soon. Your card is so pretty! I like the sunburst over the text, great idea!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my ... I'm so sorry that your family is non too well ... I'm praying they will all be better soon.
Wonderful card Jinny and the design is perfect!

Charlene said...

I hope you guys get better soon!! I started getting a sore throat, OH NO!!

I love your card Jinny!! Thank You for being a wonderful support! Hugs

Tracy said...

The yellow really makes all the other colors pop. Great design Jinny. Hugs and prayers that you are all back to normal soon.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the subtle sunburst in the back and those fun flowers!

Rachel Bergfeld said...

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon! I can sympathize, it hit our house this past week, too. Such a bright and happy card! Love the colors!

Notes by Nina said...

Bright and beautiful, I love it.

Broni said...

Jinny, your card is so bright and happy! I love it! I hope you all are feeling better!

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the sun rays over the book print panel. Hope everyone is feeling better!

Anita in France said...

What a wonderful posy of sweet blooms, Jinny ... so spring like and happy against the background sunshine! Hope you and your family are feeling better! Anita :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Love how you incorporated the text paper, and the fabulous bright pops of color, this card makes me HAPPY!!!