For the Love of Books

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Afternoon, y'all!  I know it's a little later than normal for one of my posts.  I've been fighting off allergies and failing miserably.  But I really didn't want to skip this one, as I think my pick for this month's For the Love of Books post would make a fantastic, graduation gift, and graduation is just around the corner.  Its target audience is ages three to six, but I would beg to differ that its endless wishes truly are for people of all ages.
I Wish You More, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld, is a wish for "more ups than downs", "more give than take", "more we than me", and more "pause than fast-forward".  It is a wish for "more hugs than ughs", "more treasures than pockets", "more stories than stars", and oh, so much more.  Life is full of sadness, but joy comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5); and if we embrace both realms and create something meaningful and memorable, than it truly is worth living after all.

We picked this book up at our local library a couple of trips back, but when I saw it at Barnes and Noble, for $7.99 with the purchase of any children's book, the investment was a no-brainer.  It was a must-have for our home library and is for yours, too.  Thanks for reading!  Be blessed!

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hope you feel better soon! This book sounds wonderful!