The Studio Sketch Challenge

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Morning, y'all!  I'm back, as promised, with my take on The Studio's latest challenge.  We've got a sketch, based upon Susanne's take on February's Heroes Challenge, to start the month out right; but I'll be the first to admit that I really struggled with this one.  That is, until I added a third photo.  Then, while I hopefully didn't stray too far from the original sketch, it just all seemed to come together effortlessly.  I was inspired by the Basic Grey Saturday Morning ephemera, which came in my March Hip Kit Club Main Kit, to scrap some photos of one of the birthday outfits I made for my beautiful, little Adina.  Enjoy!
I started this page by stamping it, in Jet Black ink, with the stitched, floral images.  Matter of fact, I had such fun with them, that I'll be back tomorrow to share how I used them for a brand new color palette from The Challenge.  I then smudged Pickle Mister Huey's and both Patina & Pink Bubblegum Glimmer Mists onto the green, diamond, patterned, paper, base page and speckled it with those same mists, as well as Pure Black and Titanium White acrylic paints, before situating my photos, which were matted with white cardstock.  A kraft envelope was tucked, just above horizontal center, under the photos...
and stuffed with some still shots of the entire outfit, as well as scraps of the fabrics I used.
To the right of the top photo, I secured a vellum ruler and "SEW ON & so forth" tag.  I punched a hole in the tag and framed it with a die-cut, Brocade Blue, cardstock circle, laced with a bit of white string.
To the left of the top photo, I stamped the "I love you sew much" phrase in Jet Black ink.
A chipboard butterfly and cork button, laced with white string, grace the top right corner of the design...
and the "MAKE beautiful things" title, which was created from a die-cut "MAKE"; Cameo-cut, from Brocade Blue cardstock, and glittered "beautiful"; and green, puffy Thickers for "things", grounds it.  I couldn't resist chopping the title with a pair of die-cut scissors, even adding a bit of Glossy Accents to the handles to help them look more realistically dimensional.  A vintage, button, card die cut, to which I laced a number of color-coordinating buttons with white string, was tucked under the title's left edge...
and my journaling, which reads, Looking so cute in the birthday outfit Mommy made for you, anchors it.  I also tossed a green, chipboard pencil...
"QUALITY > QUANTITY" die cut and the October 21, 2011, date into the mix.
A "JUST a little SOMETHING", cork circle; "FIND WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY", chipboard banner...
and "MAKERS GONNA MAKE", triangle die cut complete the look.
Further inspiration for this page came from Paper Issues' April Take 5 Challenge.  I chose far more than just five elements with green, pink, 3 photos, stickers, tag, glitter, die cut, mist/paint, and line from a song.
And here's this month's Sketch Challenge to get you going in the right direction.
You have until Sunday, May 8, 2016, to link up your takes in the right-hand column of The Studio blog.  Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see how the rest of the team was inspired.  Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: In Stitches (Skipping Stones Design) Paper: Brocade Blue (SU!); white (Paper Studio); green diamond (Hip Kit Club) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: Pink Bubblegum & Patina Glimmer Mists (Tattered Angels); Pickle Mister Huey's (Studio Calico); Pure Black & Titanium White acrylic paints (FolkArt); die cut & vellum ephemera & cork stickers (Basic Grey); chipboard elements (Maggie Holmes); kraft envelope (Maya Road); Life Is a Beautiful Adventure cut file & Cameo (Silhouette); white string (Hobby Lobby); Hang Ups Confetti Cuts die (Reverse Confetti); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); red button & Dazzling Diamonds (SU!); aqua & pink buttons (JoAnn Fabrics); green puffy Thickers (American Crafts); Glossy Accents (Ranger)

10 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh she looks adorable in your beautifully made outfit... What a clever Mommy you are and the page is just perfect! Love that you tucked in some of the fabric too! Have a beautiful day!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love that outfit you made for her and I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE your lo! LOVING the colors, the "sew" goodies and the buttons!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renee said...

Such a fun and bright page!! I love how creative it is!!

Lisa said...

I love every sweet detail you tucked into this page Jinny!! Look how little Adina is here!! I am completely in love with the picture of her running, so CUTE!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW, Jinny! This is absolutely amazing! I love all of your wonderful little details - especially your stamped,stitched images and the sew on and sew forth tag! And that outfit that you made is so darn cute! (You are a woman of many talents!!!) I love this whole layout - it's "sew" fun and happy!!!!

Leslie said...

GORGEOUS Layout!! I ALWAYS love ALL the details you add to your pages and yet they are perfect, beautiful, and amazing!!!! love this!!!! WOW!!!

Twenty Five Smiles said...

Super gorgeous page! Love the layers!

Miriam Prantner said...

Adore this! You are so good at clustering and putting embellishments together. I love the items in the little envelope too!

Charlene said...

She's such a cutie!!! You always have the perfect nack for putting elements together beautifully!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jinny oh my goodness you made such sweet clothes for your beautiful daughter--I am in awe! Fantastic layout!!