Playing with Fabrics

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Afternoon, y'all!  I just wanted to pop in to share a little something different with you all, while Kaden is resting and my big kiddos are busy with their seatwork.  My brother and his wife are expecting a little girl in July, and they had a baby shower last weekend.  I wasn't able to attend due to Adina's end-of-season, soccer double-header, as well as the distance it was held from our home.  Honestly, I was uber bummed that I wasn't asked to help with the whole thing.  Computer-generated and printed invites were even sent out, when they've got me.  Ack!  I hate being left out, but everything is said and done now.  So, I poured my heart into this simple, little, handmade cutie with hand-stitched features.
I followed Melly Sews' Easter Bunny Tutorial with the exception of swapping out her yarn tail for a fluffy one made from the same soft, white chenille as the bulk of the bunny itself; and I loved that it matched the clothing/pajama sets and sleep sacks I sent, too!
I'll pop back in tomorrow to share the card that accompanied it.  Until then, thanks so much for humbling me with a visit, and have a blessed evening!  Hugs!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwww so sorry they didn't involve you more :( I love love love that you made this for their little girl!! It is sooooooooooo precious! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

This little cutie is going to be a snuggle favorite for sure. Adorable Jinny. Hugs!

Maria said...

Awww...such an adorable bunny that you made! I bet it's super soft and huggable! It will be a favorite for the little I'm sure! Take care and have a great weekend!

Lisa said...

This is adorable!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I'm so sorry for you ... Well, it's their loss I guess... But how kind and thoughtful that you made this sweet little bunny for your future niece ... It's adorable! Big hugs Jinny!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute stuffed bunny. Love how soft it looks. I've been wanting to make stuffies, but I need to hand stitch things. I will have to check the link out...