The Challenge #73

Monday, May 16, 2016

Happy Monday, y'all!  Just popping in with my take on a beautiful, new, inspiration photo up at The Challenge.  Oh, and I hope y'all aren't minding my new setting for taking photos of my creations.  I'm having the most difficult time getting just the right lighting, even with a new lighting system, in my creative space lately.  So, for the time being and since the weather has been beautiful, I've given up and taken my projects outdoors.  Anyway, here goes.
I started this card by inking Peeled Paint Distress Ink, through a fern stencil, onto a piece of pink, blocked, patterned paper.  I then trimmed its left edge with a strip of its "XOXO" reverse print, before splattering it with the same color of watercolor, mixed to paint the cup, as well as Pure Black and Titanium White acrylic paints.  Once it was dry, I anchored it, to the white, cardstock, card face, with black-threaded, straight, machine stitching.
The tag was die-cut from vellum; stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the "just wanted to espresso MY THANKS" sentiment; dressed up with a Pink Pirouette cardstock, tag topper; laced with waxed chord; and secured, to the card face, with more black-threaded, straight, machine stitching.  It was further embellished with a mug and butterfly.  The prior was stamped, in Jet Black and Baked Brown Sugar inks, on watercolor paper; watercolored; hand-cut out; popped off the card face, just above the sentiment, with foam tape; and given lots of shine with Glossy Accents for the espresso itself.  The latter was white-embossed on vellum; hand-cut out; and adhered, to the edge of the mug, just at its center point.
A length of seam binding ribbon, tied in a double bow and embellished with a gray, velvet bow and pearl, as well as a sprinkling of sequins and bit of Clear Wink of Stella for the subtle hearts on the pink, block print, completes the look.
Further inspiration for this card came from House of Cards' May Challenge: Clear Papers.  Ladies, please don't feel as though you must leave me a comment.  I know that y'all are busy and that I've already entered a number of projects into your challenge.  Clear paper, especially vellum, is kind of my thing; and I've just been having fun with it.
Here's this week's The Challenge #73 graphic to get you off and running in the right direction.  That fern, right in the center of the setting, totally captured my eye.  I was also inspired by the color palette, as well as the coffee cup, velvet trim, butterfly, and sequin spill.
Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see how the rest of the team was inspired.  You have until Sunday, May 22, 2016, at noon PST, to add your takes to the linky at that same challenge link above.  And don't forget to check out The Challenge #72 Winners, too.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week, y'all!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Be a Barista (Reverse Confetti); Flora & Fauna I (Wplus9) Paper: Pink Pirouette (SU!); white & vellum (Paper Studio); pink block & "XOXO" (Crate Paper); watercolor (Canson Studio) Ink: Jet Black & Peeled Paint (Ranger); Baked Brown Sugar (SU!); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Topped Off Tag & Bubbly Tag Toppers Confetti Cuts dies (Reverse Confetti); Big Shot (Sizzix); Clear Wink of Stella (Zig); waxed chord (Hobby Lobby); velvet ribbon (unknown); seam binding ribbon & sequins (Paper Sweeties); pearl (Paper Studio); watercolors (Kuretake); Glossy Accents (Ranger); Zing! white embossing powder (American Crafts); Pure Black & Titanium White acrylic paints (FolkArt); Mini Fern stencil (Crafter's Workshop)

17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the mug and the fern!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen B. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Team Clark said...

I love how effortlessly you've mixed both natural, cute, and elegant! WOW! What talent! Awesome card, sweet friend. <3

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful! What a wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Notes by Nina said...

What a beautiful card Jinny, I love all your fabulous details.

Merlina Hadi said...

Love.. love.. and love your card..
Thank for sharing at House of Cards, and good luck.

Hugs,
Merlina-HoC

Daniela Dobson said...

I love this! So pretty!

Maria said...

Your card is just lovely, Jinny! It's a perfect take on the inspiration photo! The coffee with cream looks so real in the cup and the fern is so pretty! And, the stitching and bows are always a delight to see on your stunning cards!

Lori said...

Such a lovely card - gorgeous background (love that fern)! Oh, can I sympathize with the lighting issues - your photos look great!

Patti said...

Eeeeek! I love everything about your card! but your ferns are jaw dropping!

Patti

Tracy said...

Wow! So many wonderful elements to take in. More great splatters and your fantastic water coloring. Hugs!

Nance said...

I just love EVERYTHING about this card! I adore the way you fit patterns and colors and elements together!

Ros Crawford said...

What a sweet and lovely card! A perfect take on that photo!

Lisa said...

I love the fern and your delicate butterfly! This is beautiful Jinny!

Mynn Kitchen said...

Totally gorgeous, Jinny! I adore that seam binding ribbon and pearly accents! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the fern!
Thank you for sharing with House of Cards!
Susan
DT for HOC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Katarzyna Ewa said...

Love the colours.
Thank you for sharing your project with all of us at House of Cards May challange 'Clear papers'

Katarzyna Ewa

my candy
DT craftyenjoyments.co.uk
House of Cards Blog Hop 1-15.06.2016