The Challenge #74

Monday, May 23, 2016

Morning, y'all, and welcome to the work week!  We've got a fun, masculine, inspiration photo, over at The Challenge, to start things off right.  I was inspired to make a farm-themed card for my hubby's birthday next month.
I started this card by stamping all the individual images, carefully masking off a few before stamping, in Jet Black ink, on watercolor paper.  The "CELEBRATE you" sentiment, too, was stamped, in Jet Black ink, in the center of the heart.
I then sat back and just colored.  I cannot tell you all how much I'm enjoying my watercolors!  I feel like every time I get them out, I get a little braver.
The scene itself was then framed with both a little, Brilliant Blue cardstock and silver-threaded, straight, machine stitches, before being wrapped with a length of Charcoal twine, tied, in a bow, near the left edge of the prepped piece, and adhered, with foam tape, to the white, cardstock, card face.  A sprinkling of large and small, silver star and Sparkling Clear sequins, as well as a little Clear Wink of Stella for the heart and Glossy Accents for the balloon, complete the look.
Further inspiration for this card came from Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge: Make a Wish...
and here's this week's The Challenge #74 inspiration graphic to get you off and running in the right direction.
Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see how the rest of the team was inspired.  You have until Sunday, May 29, 2016, at noon PST, to add your takes to the linky at that same challenge link above.  And don't forget to check out The Challenge #73 Winners, too.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a magnificent Monday, folks!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Hogs & Kisses (Avery Elle); Birthday Celebration (Simon Says Stamp) Paper: white (Paper Studio); Brilliant Blue (SU!); watercolor (Canson Studio) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger) Other: silver thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scotch); Glossy Accents (Ranger); Clear Wink of Stella (Zig); large silver star & Sparkling Clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); little silver star sequins (Hobby Lobby); Charcoal twine (The Twinery); watercolors (Kuretake)

16 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooo cute! LOVING that cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kara Lynne said...

What a super fun card! I love the way you water colored it!

Lisa said...

Adorable card, I think BJ will love it!!

Georgiana said...

Your water color looks amazing! I am going to get out my waterpen and try to color some stamped images too.

Ros Crawford said...

Super happy and fun card for your hubby! Love your watercolouring!

Lori said...

So cute and so much fun - love the watercoloring!

Patti said...

Adorable! and perfectly colored as usual!!

Patti

Leigh Penner said...

This is so super cute!

Maria said...

Awww...super fun bday card with the cow and chicken!!!

Tracy said...

Well you keep having fun with those watercolors cause this is adorable. Hugs!

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is adorable, I love that darling chicken.

Broni said...

What a fun farm card! I love that adorable, happy scene!

Charlene said...

Hi Jinny! I'm so glad to be back visiting you :-) I love your work, and its always wonderful and inspiring! TY friend!

Maura Hibbitts said...

Love your farm themed card! It is just so fresh and fun, Jinny! Happy you joined us at Simon Says Stamp for our Monday challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sweet card Jinny, love that cute cow! Hubby will love this!

Rachel Bergfeld said...

Adorable card! That cow is so cute!