Creative Scrappers June Reveal

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Happy June, friends!  Just stopping in with my first reveal for Creative Scrappers.  We've paired up with the lovely ladies from Jillibean Soup this month.  So, be sure to watch the blog for their mid-month reveal.  For today, though, my new teammies and I have cooked up our takes on a fantastic, new sketch.  I dove into some new Citrus Twist Kit Club goodies and came up with this.  Oh, and if you're thinking you've seen these pics before, you're not going crazy.  I put together another page with the same pics back here, but Adina gifted it to the friend pictured with her below.  She's been asking and asking and asking and... well, you know... asking me to make her one, too, and I'm thrilled to finally be able to take this off my plate.  Enjoy!
I started this page by painting a 12"x12" piece of watercolor paper with yellow, green, and pink watercolors and splattering it with the same colors.  I then stamped a number of open blooms and closed stars, in Jet Black ink, throughout the design; smudged a little modeling paste through a star stencil; anchored my patterned prints with silver-threaded, straight, machine stitches; and splattered everything with Pure Black & Titanium White acrylic paints.
After placing my photos, which were matted with white cardstock, I tucked a couple of tags under their combined bottom left edge.  The acrylic tag was pre-made, but I die-cut the pink, "XO" tag from patterned paper.  Both were laced with white string, and the ends of the prior were tied in a bow.
In moving counterclockwise, I stamped another, large bloom, as well as several leaves, in Jet Black ink, on watercolor paper and colored it with the same watercolors first used on the page.  I didn't spend a lot of time on this.  I just wanted a little, extra detail, but nothing fancy; as I'd rather the pics be the star of the show.  Each image was then hand-cut out and adhered, with foam tape, in their respective locations, over a tangle of silver thread.  A couple of hand-cut, phrase bits flank the bloom's left side...
and the silver, foam, glitter, "cherish" title trims the right.
A pink, floral tag was die-cut from patterned paper; laced with white string; and tucked under the combined, top, right edge of the photographs.  This middle photograph also shows a silver, acrylic, heart pennant, which I added to its top right corner.
A "good friends are like stars" sticker, which alludes to the page mentioned in the opening, along with a couple of stamped, in Jet Black ink, phrases, rounds the top right corner and leads the way to another stamped bloom, prepared in the same way as the larger one described above.
The "HAPPY SOULS SHINE" and "this makes me HAPPY" cut-aways, along with a healthy dose of colorful sequins and clear gemstones, on top of the Gracie & Adina, Summer 2015 journaling, complete the look.
Further inspiration for this page came from Citrus Twist's May 28th 3 to Inspire Challenge to (1) use three colours from your photo as your design palette, (2) add some paint, and (3) use an acetate embellishment.  I chose pink, which can be found in all three photos; aqua from the background of the center photo; and yellow from the walls of two of the photos.  I also added lots of watercolor and acrylic painting and used an acetate tag.
And here's your June Sketch #295.
You've got all month to make the magic happen, y'all.  Don't forget to share your pages on social media with the tag #CreatingWithSketches.  We'd also love for you to add them to the inlinkz found at the challenge link above; and Kristine will announce a random winner, of the Jillibean Soup prize, on Thursday, June 30, 2016.  Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see how the rest of the team was inspired, too.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful Wednesday, friends!  XOXO

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9); stars, "you're lovely", & "COUNT MY LUCKY STARS" (Citrus Twist) Paper: white (Paper Studio); watercolor (Canson Studio); 12"x12" watercolor (Master's Touch); aqua grid (Pink Paislee); floral, "HAPPY SOULS SHINE", "TOGETHER", "COLLECT beautiful MOMENTS", & pink "XO" (Crate Paper) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: silver thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scotch); watercolors (Kuretake); Pure Black & Titanium White acrylic paints (FolkArt); Topped Off Tag Confetti Cuts die (Reverse Confetti); Big Shot (Sizzix); clear gemstones (crafts-too); sequins, & "this makes me HAPPY" & "make every moment count" cut-aways (Citrus Twist); white string (Hobby Lobby); acrylic tag (Paige Evans); foam glitter "cherish" Thickers (American Crafts); modeling paste (Liquitex); "good friends are like stars" sticker (Pinkfresh)

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING those photos and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annette Allen said...

your layouts are always so amazing.. this is just so cute.

Lisa said...

Packed full of well thought out perfect elements Jinny!! But then again, your pages always are!! Love this and how sweet that Adina wanted one of her own!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a wonderful page highlighting a sweet friendship! I love this!!!

Ros Crawford said...

How sweet that Adina gave her friend the original page ... This is so cute and you can really see from your artistry that she had a fabulous time!

Maria said...

Awww...what a sweet layout featuring Adina and her friend! Such fun photos! Love the water color and wonderful elements!!

Monique Liedtke said...

Adore your take on the sketch!! There's always so much to see on your pages!! I so love that!!

Melissa Smith said...

Jinny, this is beautiful! I love your first layer of stamping and watercolor - lovely. Love all your pretty layers! Just beautiful! Great take on the sketch! Have a great day!

Team Clark said...

Oh my gosh, I love all of these busy patterns together - fabulous style! Sweetest pics ever! <3

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous to see those photos again, and I did think to myself I have seen those pictures but the layout I wasn't so sure about. Perfect in every way!