Family Update

Thursday, June 23, 2016

So much has happened since my last family update, that I'm not even sure where to begin.  It seems like a lifetime ago that we were watching Adina's last soccer game...
and beginning Ezekiel's baseball season...
and even longer ago that Ezekiel wrapped up his semester of homeschool band with a spring concert.  He's still thoroughly enjoying it and already looking forward to his fall semester.
Grandpa and Grandma came to watch the concert and enjoyed a dish of ice-cream with us after.
We celebrated the last day of school with dinner at Red Robin.  We started the school year there way back here, and thought it only fitting to end it the same way.
Just as soon as we had wrapped things up; I had finalized all the grades; and we had sorted, tossed, and filed the last of my kiddos' school papers and projects, next year's curriculum arrived.  I love that my kiddos get so excited when these boxes arrive, even when we just finished for their respective years.  They spend hours looking through book after book, as they anticipate all that the next school year will hold.
They also went to work using our entire living room to build and play with our wooden train set.
Up until recently, when the weather turned really hot and the only comfortable place to be outdoors is in the pool, we had really been enjoying our backyard.
I've got more pics to come soon of my hubby and Ezekiel's mission trip to Mexico...
but just before they were out the door, we had a week of Vacation Bible School.  There were over 800 children and 350 volunteers.  We raised $3,800 for missions, and numerous decisions to follow Christ were made.  I taught Kaden's two-year-old class, simply because Ezekiel was going to be helping with crafts, and Adina would be with her class.  So, I thought that I might as well stay, too.  I felt like it was far too long of a morning, from 8:30 am to 12 noon, to leave Kaden in a classroom.  So, I went with teaching his class.  It was much tougher than I ever imagined it would be, and I doubt I'll be doing it again anytime soon; but I re-learned that I truly was made to be a teacher and loved every minute of sharing the love of Jesus, with the children, through songs, crafts, stories, and just playing.  And although we picked up two more whales before the week even began, I couldn't resist showing you all the way I decorated my classroom door.  Gosh, I wish I'd had a Cameo back when I was teaching kindergarten years ago; and I know you can't tell, but those white bubbles were dazzling in glitter.
We had a blast at our Sunday school picnic...
and my hubby celebrated his 38th birthday.  As always, he wanted a carrot cake.  I should really just stop asking...
and we spoiled him with lots of BBQ goodies and tools.  Ezekiel wouldn't let me leave the grocery store without purchasing this HUGE Tabasco.
They got home, from Mexico, just in time to celebrate Father's Day with a relaxing day of church, swimming, grilling, and gifts ("Best Daddy Ever" Jelly Bellies and a new baseball cap, not to mention lots of handmade treasures).
Before I'm off, I had to pass along this amazing recipe for Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes.  I made them for myself to help celebrate Mother's Day.  Yum!
And because my hubby had it on his phone, I completely forgot to share this photo from way back when we attended this year's homeschool conference in April.  Adina got to meet her first grade, video teacher.  Miss Weiler asked lots of questions about herself to see how well Adina really paid attention in class, and Adina knew every answer.  She even did a few teacher spins with Adina, which totally made me cry.  We took far too much of her time, as she was helping with our curriculum booth, but she was super kind and went out of her way to make my girl feel extra special.  It totally made Adina's year and is a day she will not soon forget.
My big kiddo is at church camp, in Arkansas, this week; and I'm limping around in a little boot, as Focus T25 kind of got the best of me.  My doctor says, "It's probably not broken."  I guess foot x-rays are difficult to read.  So, hopefully, it's feeling better in a couple of days, or we'll be right back where we started.  But we're happy and healthy and looking forward to, or at least crossing our fingers for, a much less eventful July.  I've got my monthly, Friday Faves post coming your way tomorrow.  Until then, thanks so much for checking in on us, and have a great start to your weekends!  Hugs!

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving all the photos! The kids are getting so big!! Ezekiel is just growing!!! And sorry to hear about your foot -- I hope it feels better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Georgiana said...

You sure have been busy! I just sent my "baby" off to college for summer. Enjoy family time and cherish every day!

Leslie said...

Fabulous pictures!! Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa said...

Those adorable kids of yours sure are sprouting up!! Thanks for sharing all of the photos and updates. Glad everyone is doing well. Hope that foot of yours heals quickly so you can enjoy your summer! HUGS :)

Ros Crawford said...

Oh waht fabulous photos ... Your children are lovely and that little bear has the most amazing eyes!

Maria said...

Wonderful family update with sweet photos, Jinny! Your kids are so adorable! Thanks for sharing all the awesome photos! And, I hope your foot heals very soon! Enjoy your summer...take care!:-)

Miriam Prantner said...

So many great things going on! We've only just started our summer here!