Paper Sweeties June Release Sneak Peek

Monday, June 13, 2016

Evening, y'all!  I know it's been a long time since I've been here.  Vacation Bible School kind of took me out of commission.  I'm looking forward to some downtime, lounging by the pool, this week, not to mention playing catch-up here in blogland.  Rest assured I'll be around to visiting soon.  In the meantime, Debbie has cooked up a delightful, little, summer-themed, stamp set, fittingly named I Love Summer, and coordinating die to add to your stack of Paper Sweeties goodies this month.  I've used it, in combination with Sending Sweet Thoughts and Hello Spring, to case this card by the talented Betsy Veldman.  Enjoy!
I started this card by stamping the wreath image, in Baked Brown Sugar ink, on a White, cardstock, card face, which had its left-side corners rounded.
I then trimmed its right edge with a strip of gingham, pattered paper, anchored with silver-threaded, straight, machine stitches.
The wreath itself was then dressed up with stamped in Jet Black ink, die-cut, and watercolored blooms and leaves, some of which were secured with foam tape, as well as a couple of flags.  One of the flags was stamped using the mirror technique; and both were die-cut, watercolored, and perched upon die-cut, Chocolate Chip cardstock poles, which I pulled from the Holly Days Sweet Cuts die set.  A little Baker's Twine, tied in a bow around one of the poles; stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a vellum, die-cut pennant, "Stars & Stripes" sentiment; and playful scattering of silver, star sequins complete the look.
That gets us started, friends, but I've still got so much more to share.  I hope you'll join me again tomorrow, at the same time, to see a little more of what I Love Summer has to offer.  Don't forget to check out what the rest of the team has cooked up, too.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a blessed work week!

Beth Luetschwager - WELCOME TO THE TEAM!
Debbie Marcinkiewicz - Paper Sweeties
Jeri Thomas
Jinny Newlin - *June Guest Designer* (You're here!)
Nancy Salkeld 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: I Love Summer, Sending Sweet Thoughts, & Hello Spring (Paper Sweeties) Paper: White (Wplus9); Chocolate Chip & gingham (SU!); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Baked Brown Sugar (SU!); Jet Black (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: silver thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Hello Spring, Sending Sweet Thoughts, Holly Days, Sweet Borders, & I Love Summer Sweet Cuts dies (Paper Sweeties); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scotch); little silver star sequins (Hobby Lobby); big silver star sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers); watercolors (Kuretake)

13 comments:

Lisa said...

So pretty! Not your typical red white and blue..LOVE the flowers along with it. Feels like July!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING those flags! Hoping you get some good downtime soon!!!!! xoxox

Debbie said...

Oh my, Jinny ... this is a summer picnic & party on a card! Just sweet as can be! You simply make MAGIC each time you create with the goodies from Paper Sweeties!!!!!

Michele Henderson said...

Jinny, this is really adorable! I just love the little flags in the patriotic bouquet! Great color and fun design too!
Take care!
Michele

Beth Luetschwager said...

Great design!! Love it!

Maria said...

Super fun and patriotic with the wonderful flags and wreath!! It's so awesome for you to be a guest designer again this month for Paper Sweeties!! Love seeing your creations with the PS goodies!!!

Team Clark said...

And so are the incidentals of VBS... But glad you had some down time. A lovely summery card!

Jeri said...

What an awesome card, Jinny! I love how you added the stitched piece of gingham. I need to remember to get my sewing machine out. Great minds think alike, we both used the mirror image stamping technique. We both know it's a great way to get more out of your stamp images.

Lisa said...

I like your pretty little wreath and the gingham border Jinny! This is so sweet!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jinny those flags are the cutest and just in time for your flag day which was today!

Ros Crawford said...

It's just wonderful!! Love the design and those sweet little flags!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a fabulous collage of Paper Sweeties! The red and white checked paper looks perfect! Love this!

Miriam Prantner said...

How sweet! I love the flags!