Weekend Snapshots

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Morning, friends!  First and foremost, I apologize for my lack of visits as of recently.  In a minute, you'll understand why, as I've had to throw that more relaxing July I was hoping for into the wind.  We've been running from one thing to another.  So much so, that today, I'm only posting photos of this past weekend.  I know that I haven't even had a chance to share pics of our 4th of July yet, but doing so would make this post a mile long.  They're simply going to have to wait.  So, let's begin with our trip to Kauffman Stadium, for Faith and Family Day, in celebration of my big kiddo's 13th birthday.
It was hot and sticky, but I'm not complaining.  We love heading out to the ballpark and simply don't get to do it enough.  Our Boys in Blue beat the Seattle Mariners five to three.  Woohoo!
We stayed for the post-game concert by Casting Crowns, whom we've never seen in concert before; and it was so worth the long day.
Things got cut slightly short, as a storm came rolling into town; but my big kiddo was all smiles and had a birthday he won't soon forget.
After church on Sunday, we made the trek to Wichita to meet my new niece, Ada Rose.
Eeek!  Just look at that face, y'all!  She's perfect in EVERY SINGLE way!  Ada was born last Friday morning, just hours short of sharing her birthday with my big kiddo, to my little brother and his beautiful wife...
and we couldn't get enough of her.  Congratulations, guys!  Can't wait to see you all again!
We stayed overnight, in Wichita, on Sunday, thanks to the hospitality of my big sis and took our kiddos to Sedgwick County Zoo on Monday morning.  It was another hot day and super windy to boot, but lots of water fans and a few yummy sno-cones cooled us off.  The animals were out in full force.  I took so many pictures, that I couldn't possibly share them all here; but you'll find some, okay A LOT, of my faves below.  I'll just let the pics themselves do the talking.
After giving little Ada one more kiss goodbye and on our way back to KC, we stopped, for a delicious dinner and time to play, at my Mom and Dad's.  Adina was out on the four-wheeler first, but she and my Dad went down the road.  Kaden and I waited... and waited... and waited for them to come back for a snapshot; but his patience wore thin, and we missed her ride.  Then, Ezekiel had a little lesson.
When he and Dad got back, my hubby and I had a turn, before my hubby took Kaden for a spin on my parent's property.  So fun!
We're still absolutely exhausted, but there's just no rest for the weary.  So, we charged into baseball tournaments this week and are looking forward to swim lessons, for Adina, next week.  A new school year is knocking at our door.  We even got new books tucked away, in clean, school desks, today.  Now, I've just got to get organized, and we'll be ready to begin.

I'll get those 4th of July pics together, for you all, sometime next week.  Until then, I've got plenty of papercrafted inspiration coming your way, beginning first thing tomorrow morning with another post for Pretty Little Studio.  Hope to see you then!  Thanks so much for checking in on us; and know that I'll be back around, just as soon as things settle down a bit, and I get caught up on my assignments.  I love visiting you all and so appreciate all the love you leave me here!  Be blessed!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving all the photos!! Looks like you have been having a great time this summer ... and Happy Birthday to Ezekiel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Well you have been busy haven't you!! Terrific pics Jinny!! Don't fret over the commenting and posting. Family should always be first!!

Maria said...

Congratulations on your new niece! Thank you for sharing all the wonderful family photos! Looks like great times! Take care and enjoy your summer, hugs!:-)

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous photos!! Your new niece is so cute... And I love your family shot...

Miriam Prantner said...

So many things going on! I hope you are able to get some rest! Thanks for sharing these great goings on!