Family Update

Friday, September 16, 2016

Just thought I'd stop in, on this rainy afternoon, to share a little of what we've been up to over the last month and a half.  Gosh, I cannot believe it's been that long, since I last updated.  But before I do, I wanted to say thank you for all the get well wishes you've sent Ezekiel's way.  He's still moving really slow, whining a lot, and dragging his feet doing anything fruitful; but I guess that's just part of the process (?).  It's definitely not been the bounce-back everyone promised.  One day at a time, he'll get there.  So, let's get started with a few pics of this summer's pool days.
I just love this trio of photos.  They pretty much speak for themselves; but just in case they don't, Kaden wanted a kiss and went in for a lick instead.  Tee hee!  Fortunately, Adina's pretty laid back about such things and just laughed it off.
She's not so laid back about other things, which is why she's a bit splotchy in this photo; but usually, a trip to the garden, to pick the ripe veggies, does her some good.
Kaden and I were trying to give the big kiddos a little room to get their studies done, as he tends to be a bit loud.  Okay, I'm being nice.  He's shrill, and the screeches are much more tolerable in the open air.  He also just loves to be outdoors, so I snapped a few pics of him playing in our backyard.  I want to remember some of his favorite phrases along with this photo.

"I babby." (Babby is his word for potty.  I think he mixed potty and bathroom.  I really have no idea.)
"Daddy home!"
"Mommy shoot!" (his basketball)
"Ezekiel awake."
"Adina did it."
We had the opportunity to make another trip back to Union Station's Science City and Arvin Gottlieb Planetarium for Teacher Appreciation Weekend.
Gosh, we love this place so!  There's something for everyone, and Ezekiel got the chance to ride the Sky Bike this time.
Afterwards, we grabbed lunch at Pie Five; and I couldn't resist this snap of my kiddos reading while waiting for lunch.  Books go with them, literally, EVERYWHERE.
My brother and his family are moving, to Colorado, the end of this month.  So, we all got together, at Mom and Dad's, one last time before they're off.  It just so happened to be close to my sister-in-law's birthday; so we celebrated with these Apple Pie Cupcakes I made...
and, of course, everyone fussed over my darling niece, Ada.  She's such a cutie!
We've also been hanging out with friends...
and back at our studies, which absorb most of our weekdays, since the first part of August.  This is now what my kitchen looks like on a regular basis.  Why is this girl so messy?!
The kids have also started back to band, Awana, and fall baseball.  Although, the latter has been put on hold, due to Ezekiel's appendectomy, for the time being.  We're hoping he can, at least, play his last game of the season at the end of the month.  Again, we're taking it one day at a time; but we have seen a little of his fun-loving personality peeking back in.  He ate a s'more, with us, around the fire pit my hubby recently built; and at dinner, on his first night home with us, he couldn't stop laughing while cautiously holding his stomach.  Love it!
Thanks so much for checking in on us; and have a fabulous weekend, friends!  I'll be back next week with lots more creative things to share.  Hugs!

6 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

My, Jinny, you guys have been through a lot lately! Glad to hear Ezekiel is doing alright. I'm sure you'll feel better when he's 100% again. Love the family photos!

Lisa said...

Looks like a wonderful summer Jinny! So many cute photos of the kiddos. Glad to hear Ezekiel is doing well. Have a great weekend!

Ros Crawford said...

What super photos and your son is very brave going on that line!! Have a beautiful weekend!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad to hear he is getting better!!! Hope him and his happy personality are back soon! ;) Loving all the photos!!! Looks like a great summer!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria said...

Oh, how your children are growing! Happy to hear that Ezekiel is feeling better! So many wonderful photos! Thanks so much for sharing and have a great weekend!:-)

Miriam Prantner said...

Goodness I am so behind! What a scary thing, but so glad that Ezekiel is doing better and looks as if things are going well there, what fun pics!