The Studio Frames Challenge

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Morning, friends!  Just stopping in, on this beautiful Sunday morning, to bring you all your first September challenge from The Studio.  It's a Frames Challenge this go around.  You could use such to frame a photo or your entire page.  You could use just one frame or lots of them, and you could even mix what kind of frames you use, as I've done here with chipboard, acetate, and printed ones.  The combination is up to you, and the sky is the limit.  We simply want to see frames.

And I apologize, in advance, for the poor photo quality in this post.  My big kiddo is in the hospital.  (His appendix burst, so he had emergency surgery Friday morning.  He's doing much better now.  I'll try to post an update a little later this week.)  So, between coming and going from the hospital, while I had my page done before all chaos broke loose, I haven't been home, during daylight hours, to get decent photos of it.  Forgive me.  Edited to add:  He's home!  And I feel so much better about these pics ;).
I started this page by filling in my frames, behind the one housing my photo, with patterned prints and white cardstock and adhering them to the aqua, stars and stripes, base page.  I then stamped a few stars, in Jet Black ink, round about and splattered everything with Pink Bubblegum Glimmer Mist, Sunshine Mister Huey's, and Pure Black and Titanium White acrylic paints, before placing the frame housing my photo in the center of it all.  An acetate "8" to represent the month this photo was taken and "love 4 always" subtitle top that photo.  The latter was made from a chipboard Thicker; number die cut; and Cameo-cut, from patterned paper, "always".
Moving clockwise, I used a hand-cut, pink label to etch the Aug. 13, 2015, date; popped it up with foam tape; and attached a couple of hand-cut words to its right end.
I couldn't resist using more of those chipboard Thickers shown above to create my "i love Right now" title, complete with a puffy, sticker arrow pointing to that "right now".
A taxi die cut, stapled together with an acetate heart and pink, arrow die cut; topped with a cork, heart sticker; and backed with a simple tag, just for an added pop of green, rounds out the bottom left corner.
Just above that, I used the frame, which I had already filled in with white cardstock, to house my journaling, which reads, I hate it when you don't feel well and would do anything to make it all go away, but I love it that you're such a cuddler during these tough times.  If only the rest of the world would pause for a moment, and I could sit and hold you all day...  I couldn't resist popping another hand-cut, "DREAMING" pennant to the two that were already part of the frame itself.
The final cluster, built from bottom to top, consists of a gold, pennant tag, laced with aqua twine; couple of color-coordinating tickets; hand-cut, from patterned paper, gingham deer, complete with a puffy bow sticker; and a potted plant die cut, all dressing up the top left corner of my framed photo.
You have until Sunday, October 9, 2016, to link up your takes in the right-hand column of The Studio blog.  Be sure to stop by the challenge link above to see how the rest of the team was inspired.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a blessed week, y'all!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: stars (Citrus Twist) Paper: white (Paper Studio); aqua stars & stripes (Shimelle); multicolored & yellow triangles (Citrus Twist); multicolored half circles & polka dots & soft pink polka dots (Paige Evans); kitten (Crate Paper); script (Maggie Holmes) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger); Black PITT artist pen (Faber Castell) Other: foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); "loved" & "i love right now" chipboard Thicker phrases (Dear Lizzy); staples & stapler (office supply store); acetate 8, aqua Polaroid, & cork heart sticker (Pink Paislee); Love Always cut file & Cameo (Silhouette); "4", green tickets, taxi, & gold pennant tag die cuts (Dear Lizzy); pink ticket & arrow die cuts (Cocoa Vanilla); acetate frame & heart & potted plant & lime Polaroid die cuts (Paige Evans); arrow & bow puffy stickers (Fancy Pants); twine, ivory Polaroids, gold polka dot Polaroid, & "DREAMING", "BEST", "WORST", & pink label cut-aparts (Citrus Twist); large chipboard frames (Becky Higgins); Pink Bubblegum Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); Sunshine Mister Huey's (Studio Calico)

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING that sweet photo, the colors and the title work!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Clark said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your son! Thank God they were able to help him! Whew, you've really got your hands full and my prayers are with you. Just love this darling LO, he's such a cutie pie! <3

Lisa said...

Oh NO Jinny, I'm so sorry to hear this about Ezekiel. I hope is is well soon and back home in your loving are, poor guy. I'll keep him in my prayers. Your page is darling, What a perfectly sweet photo of Kaden!

Ros Crawford said...

What a darling photo and you've showcased it beautifully with your amazingly creative page!

Raechelle Bellus said...

This is stunning! A fantastic design, sweet photo, and beautiful details. I just love your work!!!